Mirage 236

  • litholove
    Message 1 of 15 , Jun 5, 2005
      Just got a 236 with daggerboard. Any one have an origional owners
      manual or a copy? I know it will need work in the board area.
      thanks in advance....John
    • ghol99
      Message 2 of 15 , Jun 9, 2005
        When you get your boat ready you need to come up and race with us on
        Lake Alatoona with the South Winds Sailing Club. It would be nice to
        have another 236 to tune against! Let us know! GaryH

        --- In mirageownersclub@yahoogroups.com, "litholove" <jwdrawe@c...>
        wrote:
        > Just got a 236 with daggerboard. Any one have an origional owners
        > manual or a copy? I know it will need work in the board area.
        > thanks in advance....John
      • ghol99
        Message 3 of 15 , Jun 22, 2005
          Hi, John. How is the keel trunk & stringer restoration going? Would
          pictures of our boats trunk and bunks help? Let me know and I will
          post some to you. Still want you to come race with us. We could use
          another 236 to tune against! THX, GaryH

          wrote:
          > Just got a 236 with daggerboard. Any one have an origional owners
          > manual or a copy? I know it will need work in the board area.
          > thanks in advance....John
        • litholove
          Message 4 of 15 , Jun 23, 2005
            --- In mirageownersclub@yahoogroups.com, "ghol99" <ghol@b...> wrote:
            > Hi, John. How is the keel trunk & stringer restoration going? Would
            > pictures of our boats trunk and bunks help? Let me know and I will
            > post some to you. Still want you to come race with us. We could use
            > another 236 to tune against! THX, GaryH
            >
            > --- In mirageownersclub@yahoogroups.com, "litholove" <jwdrawe@c...>
            > wrote:
            > > Just got a 236 with daggerboard. Any one have an origional owners
            > > manual or a copy? I know it will need work in the board area.
            > > thanks in advance....John
            Gary, The boat is still in Macon, GA. I won't be going there until
            weekend of the 4th. Yes, pics of the top of the board and the overall
            length dimension of the board would really help....thanks
          • Ron
            Message 5 of 15 , Sep 3, 2005
              I used to own a really nice 236 and am searching for another. Any
              suggestions?
            • jwdrawe
              Message 6 of 15 , Sep 3, 2005
                Ron wrote:

                >I used to own a really nice 236 and am searching for another. Any
                >suggestions?
                >
                >Yea, buy mine............John
                >

                >Yahoo! Groups Links

              • Ron
                Message 7 of 15 , Sep 4, 2005
                  --- In mirageownersclub@yahoogroups.com, jwdrawe <jwdrawe@c...> wrote:
                  > Ron wrote:
                  >
                  > >I used to own a really nice 236 and am searching for another. Any
                  > >suggestions?
                  > >
                  > >Yea, buy mine............John
                  > >
                  > >When, where, how much?
                  > >

                  > >Yahoo! Groups Links

                • Ron
                  Message 8 of 15 , Sep 22, 2005
                    --- In mirageownersclub@yahoogroups.com, jwdrawe <jwdrawe@c...> wrote:
                    > Ron wrote:
                    >
                    > >I used to own a really nice 236 and am searching for another. Any
                    > >suggestions?
                    > >
                    > >Yea, buy mine............John
                    > >

                    > >Yahoo! Groups Links
                    > >
                    > >John sounds like a plan!

                  • jwdrawe
                    Message 9 of 15 , Sep 22, 2005

                      Ron wrote:

                      I used to own a really nice 236 and am searching for another. Any
                      suggestions?

                      Yea, buy mine............John

                      Yahoo! Groups Links

                      John sounds like a plan!

                      Ron, It is in Macon GA. Is that too far to consider coming to look at? I want 4K for the whole package. Boat, motor (4hp merc) and excellent tandem axle galvanized trailer. The bottom has just been sanded (400 finish) and is ready for drysailing or bottom paint. The daggerkeel needs the bottom guide attached in the trunk. All sails and rigging are good. I cannot step the mast by myself due to back problems is reason for selling.....John

                      http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/A1TolB/TM

                          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                    • Elbert Kennard
                      Message 10 of 15 , Apr 13, 2007
                        Just a note, I've been rebuilding my Mirage 236 for the past couple of
                        years, with the intent of racing the boat. I've raced in a few races
                        but without much success. This year it looks like I've finally hit the
                        right combination, I've got a crew that has been with me for over a
                        year and I bought a new racing main. We had our frist bullet 2 weeks
                        ago in our(The Pamlico Sailing Club) Spring series. We race again on
                        Sat. It's a great boat and downwind it blows by others. The boats
                        name is ERACER we race PHRF and our rating is 189.

                        Capt E
                      • Elbert E. Kennard, III
                        Message 11 of 15 , May 27 7:06 AM
                          You can get the mast to bend and it will help the main. To get the mast to bend first the forestay has to be loose just a bit then use your backstay adjuster and boom vang you'll be surprised how much you can get that stick to bend.

                          We are doing well in our racing with a 2nd in last years Spring series, a First in the Fall series and a Second in the Spring Series this year. We ran into lots of heavy wind this spring which didn't help us much. We added about 300 lbs to the bottom of the boat( some lead pieces) I'd like to get that lead on the retractable keel maybe this summer.

                          I tune my mast with the lowers at about 45 on the Loose Gauge and 40 on the uppers, by making the lowers tighter you can bend the mast.

                          Good luck

                          ERACER Mirage 236

                          "Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."
                          -- Thomas Edison, Inventor

                          What have you missed today?

                        • John Drawe
                          Message 12 of 15 , May 27 11:49 AM
                            Thanks for the tip on mast bend.
                            I would also like about 300 lbs. on my keel. Do you think the lift mechanism and and keel trunk would take the extra load? The coach roof deflects about 3/4" when the keel is lifted by the winch.

                            Message 13 of 15 , Jul 1, 2008
                              I am selling my 1981 Mirage 236 Eracer. It is set to go with all of the goodies, new racing
                              main, Pentax 150, and a lots of other sails. Included is everything that goes with the boat. I
                              have bought another boat and Eracer has to go. Boat, motor, sails, and trailer $4,500.00.
                              The boat is race winner and is located in Eastern North Carolina. You can reach me at
                              ez101@... I do have some photos of the boat. She is race ready and in great
                              condition, I won several races last year including our Fall Series. She is very fast, the boat is
                              ready to sail and is looking for a new owner. Thanks Elbert
                            • John Drawe
                              Message 14 of 15 , Jul 1, 2008
                                Can you post pictures? Is it a daggerboard model?  I would like to display ad at our club in FL. What did you get to replace Eraser?

                                ez101@rocketmail. com I do have some photos of the boat. She is race ready and in great
                                condition, I won several races last year including our Fall Series. She is very fast, the boat is
                                ready to sail and is looking for a new owner. Thanks Elbert

                              • azexploder
                                Message 15 of 15 , Oct 10, 2012
                                  Did those inside pics ever get posted?