keel pin

  • koliscz
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 2, 2004
      Hello Group, I,m done with the keel pin . It went faily smooth I
      couldn't wait for the yard worker to do it ,I wanted it for my
      upcoming vacation in august. I spent app. $150.00 on materials and
      about 20hrs labor a younger person could probably cut the labor time
      by 2/3rds . I did use the best materials epoxy resin carbon fiber
      and kevlar cloth . I will be compileing a c/d of job start to finish
      if anyone is interested. Hope to see you sailing Tom K.
    • Mark
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 8, 2004
        Tom,
        Funny thing happened yesterday. I was poking around the bottom of
        my recently aquired boat, and the keel dropped about an inch and a
        half. Definitely a bad sign. The keel can wiggle and slop around
        the inside of entire keel cavity. Yikes!!!

        When you finish your complilation CD of your keel pin replacement
        job, I'd be very greatfull to get a copy of it. (I know virtually
        nothing of retracting keels.) Any notes or advice you have would
        also be appriciated.

        Thanks, and good sailing...

        Mark

        --- In mirageownersclub@yahoogroups.com, "koliscz" <koliscz@c...>
        wrote:
        > Hello Group, I,m done with the keel pin . It went faily smooth I
        > couldn't wait for the yard worker to do it ,I wanted it for my
        > upcoming vacation in august. I spent app. $150.00 on materials and
        > about 20hrs labor a younger person could probably cut the labor
        time
        > by 2/3rds . I did use the best materials epoxy resin carbon fiber
        > and kevlar cloth . I will be compileing a c/d of job start to
        finish
        > if anyone is interested. Hope to see you sailing Tom K.
      • berniesegler
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 8, 2004
          wrote:
          > Hello Group, I,m done with the keel pin . It went faily smooth I
          > couldn't wait for the yard worker to do it ,I wanted it for my
          > upcoming vacation in august. I spent app. $150.00 on materials and
          > about 20hrs labor a younger person could probably cut the labor
          time
          > by 2/3rds . I did use the best materials epoxy resin carbon fiber
          > and kevlar cloth . I will be compileing a c/d of job start to
          finish
          > if anyone is interested. Hope to see you sailing Tom K.

          Hello Tom,
          I got the same job done too last week and went out sailing all day
          yesterday. There was no banging or any other problems found when the
          boat hit some large wakes from bigger motorboats. Hopefully we meet
          somewhere in the bay someday. The boat was fun to sail. Good luck.
          Bernie
        • lcanright
          Message 4 of 7 , May 3, 2008
            Thanks for all the help. I'm looking at all your pics. I have a 3/4"
            pin for replacement. Wont bend this time! I'm trying not to hurry, but
            Ive never sailed this boat and the weather here in Florida is perfect
            right now.