Re: [Mirage Owners Club] Mirage get together - Narragansett Bay; Wednesday, 7/28?

  • Ron
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 1, 2004
      Let me do some thinking on this one Dave.  As you know, the state park is where I usually launched mainly because of the low traffic at the ramp but also the rangers keep and eye on the parking lot.  There are a couple of ramps over on the warwick side,  Oakland beach being one of them and during the week the ramp wouldn 't be too busy but the parking is in a regular lot.  There is another not too far from there I'll go check out.  He charges to use the ramp and then lets you park but I've never launched there.  I'll check it out.  As far as staying overnight thats kinda tough for me right now during the week since I just started a new job and all.  They kinda frown on that... damn non boaters just don't understand.    The parking at my club is really tight otherwise we could launch down the road and I'd let you use my parking permit for the lot...  No room for trailers though so thats no help.
      Potters cove would be a great meeting spot to hook up and I do have use of a couple of moorings over there.  One may be full but the other during the week wouldn't.

      Let me see what I can figure out ..

      Ron/ You'll Sea

      mouette@... wrote:
      I know there are at least 3 Mirage owners in and around Narragansett
      Bay including myself and Ron seems to want to show off his Tanzer, so
      would anyone be interested in a get-together on Wednesday, July
      28th?  Going during the middle of the week would be best to avoid ()
      very) busy ramps.

      I am partial to Potter's cove and the lower end of the Bay, but I am
      willing to meet just about anywhere.  If Ron can point me to a secure
      place to leave my car overnight (preferably at a marina) I am more
      than happy to stay out..  ..any ideas, Ron?  I am willing to pay a
      fee to park and use a private ramp or have them put the boat in the
      water on a travel lift.  The State Park isn't a great option for me.

      What-do-you-think?

      Dave / Mouette