Re: [Mirage Owners Club] Dean / BarraWind - Mount will be sent Monday

  • Dave
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 6, 2004
      Dean:

      It wasn't that much to ship it a while back, so forget about the
      cost. It's going to take a while - they said as long as 15-20 days,
      but that it should be there in less time. Just one box. I had to
      remove the wooden engine pad to get it to fit, but put the four nuts
      back on and you will be in business.

      Dave / Mouette

      --- In mirageownersclub@yahoogroups.com, Dean McNeill <deanmc@h...>
      wrote:
      > Dave,
      > Thanks! Sounds great... address is the same.
      > Let me know the cost and I'll send you a check!
      > Dean
      >
      > >Dean:
      > >
      > >It hit 60 degrees here and I got the mount off of Mouette. It
      will
      > >send it your way on Monday. I have your address from last time -
      let
      > >me know if anything changed.
      > >
      > >Take care,
      > >
      > >Dave / Mouette
      > >

      > >Yahoo! Groups Links

      .com/group/mirageownersclub/

    • Ron
      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 6, 2004
        Hi Dave,  question for you.  The dust cover on your chartplotter.  Do you trailer the boat with that in place.  I ordered one but I'm unsure if it is secure enough to stay on in a wind.  Any suggestions??

        Message 3 of 10 , Apr 6, 2004
          Ron:

          I put a strip of foam weatherstripping on the bottom to keep the
          cover in place. It will hold in a normal wind but I remove it for
          highway travel. The new unit didn't come with a cover and (as you
          know) they aren't cheap. Best to be prudent (smile).

          Dave / Mouette

          --- In mirageownersclub@yahoogroups.com, Ron <thinker007e@n...> wrote:
          > Hi Dave, question for you. The dust cover on your chartplotter.
          Do
          > you trailer the boat with that in place. I ordered one but I'm
          unsure
          > if it is secure enough to stay on in a wind. Any suggestions??
          >
          > mouette@m... wrote:
          >
          > > Dean:
          > >
          > > It wasn't that much to ship it a while back, so forget about the
          > > cost. It's going to take a while - they said as long as 15-20
          days,
          > > but that it should be there in less time. Just one box. I had to
          > > remove the wooden engine pad to get it to fit, but put the four
          nuts
          > > back on and you will be in business.
          > >
          > > Dave / Mouette
          > >
          > > --- In mirageownersclub@yahoogroups.com, Dean McNeill
          <deanmc@h...>
          > > wrote:
          > > > Dave,
          > > > Thanks! Sounds great... address is the same.
          > > > Let me know the cost and I'll send you a check!
          > > > Dean

          > > will
          > > let

          > > .com/group/mirageownersclub/

          subject=Unsubscribe>

        • Ron
          Message 4 of 10 , Apr 7, 2004
            Dave that sounds great.  I might even put a couple of velcro dots on it to make sure... Yes they are very proud of that little cover.

            thanks again
            Ron

          • Dave
            Message 5 of 10 , Apr 7, 2004
              Ron:

              One other thing you might want to do.. ..check out this site and
              download the software they offer. It allows you to manage waypoints
              using a laptop or other computer. They show what you need to do to
              connect, etc - and it works well with the CP-150 series (as well as
              other NEMA output GPS systems).

              http://www.gpsu.co.uk/

              The software is free - you can upgrade to a paid version too.

              unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

              Service.

              > > subject=Unsubscribe>

              Terms of

              > > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

              <http://rd.yahoo.com/SIG=12c7851bv/M=291630.4786521.5933964.1261774/D
              =egroupweb/S=1705065792:HM/EXP=1081396784/A=2072415/R=0/SIG=11thh7ako
              /*http://www.netflix.com/Default?mqso=60178432&partid=4786521>

              subject=Unsubscribe>

            • Dean McNeill
              Message 6 of 10 , Apr 7, 2004
                Re: [Mirage Owners Club] Dean / BarraWind - Mount will be
                Dave,
                Sounds great. There's no rush... we just got a dusting of snow again last night! I'll be 2 months before BarraWind gets wet anyway!
                Thanks, Dean

                http://groups.yahoo.com/group/mirageownersclub/>http://groups.yahoo

                Message 7 of 10 , Apr 9, 2004
                  yes that would be a big help... thanks Dave.... by the way, I've been looking for those smooth rollers...  where did you get them.  no luck at lowes so far.

                  Message 8 of 10 , Apr 11, 2004
                    Dave,  aka Inspector Gadget just in case you don't already have one...  Because of where my boat is stored and the lack of power I bought an inverter to run my disk grinder to clean up the keel and my sander to well, sand the hull.    This thing worked really well with very little draw on my battery at all.  I had it hooked to my regular battery in the truck and couldn't even tell it had used any power when I went to start the truck after plenty of use.  The best part is..... I bought this inverter at Ocean State Job Lot for 70 bucks..  it's a Coleman 800 watt continuous and 1600 watt peak.  I'm thinking coffee pot..  blender... small tv..  all sorts of things.  I'm sure it would be an experiment to see what  it could do without killing the battery but from what I have seen so far it would take quite a bit to kill a big deep cycle.  Anyway I just wanted to share that with you I know how you are with gadgets...

                    see ya in the bay soon
                    Ron