Key West to Ft. Jefferson, Dry Tortugas

  • richb353
    Message 1 of 285 , Feb 1, 2002
      I have been planning a trip from Key West to Ft.
      Jefferson should the CFYC go to the Keys again for their
      weeklong sail.<br><br>It would take 5 days, 2 each way and
      1 to explore Fort Jefferson.<br><br>The longest
      stretch of sail is from a marker called Ellis Rock to the
      fort which will require covering 35 miles. There is no
      place to dock, so all the nights will be at anchor.
      According to the charts there are markers for most of the
      route, and there are even GPS coordinates
      listed.<br><br>Most of the club think that I am a glutton for
      punishment with a few exceptions. I will have the company of
      at least one other boat, a Hunter 23.<br><br>I
      expect this will be a challenge. Any suggestions are
      appreciated.
    • Craig <acraigx@hotmail.com>
      Message 285 of 285 , Feb 13, 2003
        I am looking into the purchase of a Mirage and would definately be
        adding life lines. Would you mind sending me a few pics so I can see
        what she would look like with them installed? Any advise would be
        appreciated.

        Craig
        acraigx@...