keel guard

  • Dave
    Message 1 of 4 , May 1, 2003
      Do you keep your boats in the water? I wonder how long the carpet
      would stay attached since my boat is in a slip? Next time I lift the
      boat out I'd like to implement some kind of fix. It is unnerving to
      hear the keel moving around.

      My keep slaps around pretty good and hasn't caused a problem (so far).
    • kai landow
      Message 2 of 4 , May 1, 2003
        --- Dave <dave01dave@...> wrote:
        > Do you keep your boats in the water? I wonder how
        > long the carpet
        > would stay attached since my boat is in a slip?
        > Next time I lift the
        > boat out I'd like to implement some kind of fix. It
        > is unnerving to
        > hear the keel moving around.
        >

        > My keep slaps around pretty good and hasn't caused a
        > problem (so far).
        >

        > I leave mine in the Hudson river for four monthes
        does just fine!

        http://search.yahoo.com
      • tampa_hillbilly
        Message 3 of 4 , May 2, 2003
          Dave,

          My boat has been in the water for over two years without a single
          haul-out. I figure the barnacle buildup (salt water) keeps the keel
          from rattling around.

          Actually, I only hear mine bang when I get a lot of side-to-side
          rocking motion. When that happens, I just put about 1/4 handle crank
          tension on the cable and the noise stops.

          Hearing all the comments about the keel and pin, I am absolutely
          terrified about pulling it out of the water and inspecting it. If I
          can not see it, it is not a problem, right?

          Tampa Mike

          --- In mirageownersclub@yahoogroups.com, "Dave" <dave01dave@y...>
          wrote:
          > Do you keep your boats in the water? I wonder how long the carpet
          > would stay attached since my boat is in a slip? Next time I lift
          the
          > boat out I'd like to implement some kind of fix. It is unnerving
          > hear the keel moving around.
          >

          > My keep slaps around pretty good and hasn't caused a problem (so
          far).
        • Jonathan Few
          Message 4 of 4 , May 21, 2003
            A keel with wobble will slow you down. The only way to permantly fix
            it is to add filler(epoxy puddy)to the top of the keel till there is
            no more wobble. Mine wobbles too.