I'm searching for information about the Balchan name

  • patti.balchan
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 16, 2012
      My husband's grandfather, John Balchan came from Poland around 1910, settling originally in PA. He married a Polish woman, Anna Leputa had a few children then the family moved to Detroit (via Cleveland ) where John Balchan Jr. was born. The Balchan name doesn't appear to be a Polish name but according to records, doesn't appear to have been changed. There are some Balchan's in Poland today, but not many. It appears as if there are a few in New York, a few in the Chicago area and the one's we find in Michigan today seem to be related. The other Balchan's we can find are from Trinadad-Tobago. Any help is appreciated
    • Faik Okan Atakcan
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 17, 2012
        You can benefit from 1902 Address book and other records.
        You can find the books at www.gulapoglu.com.tr.tc "Rize People Abroad" page.