Question about Marriage

  • Pat DePrez
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 27, 2009
      Hi Lili,

      Thank you for the information. No the picture of my great aunt and her husband does not look like it was take by a professional and basically that side of the family have all died. My two great uncles died, one young and the other in prison so there was no way the name got carried on. I do have my god mother who is also a cousin of mine that is still alive, she is in her late 70's or early 80's and said all she can remember is that she got married and died young but can't remember anything else. I have tried to contact the Archdiocese of Detroit but was told with out a groom's name or a date they can not help me.
      Someone sent me information on a possible Edward L. Smythe marriying a Therese Balde on July 30, 1915. This information was found on the Seeking Michigan site. I have just sent another email to the Archdiocese to see if my great grandparents are listed.

      The other problem I have is my family including my godmother lived or lives in Michigan and I am living in Florida. That makes it hard for me to find some of the information myself.

      Thanks so much for your help.

      Pat