Website Building/ Online Calendar Training – UPDATE

  • mikeglum
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 2 7:44 AM
      We have added another section to the website training. USJC
      Webmaster, David Smith, will be training on how to create/update
      your chapter website using Joomla (free website building tool used
      by the US Junior Chamber). Once you have completed this training,
      you and your chapter will have an up and running website that is
      online and ready for viewing. Now you have an additional incentive
      to come and join us a week from Saturday (July 12th) at the Chapter
      Service Center in Burnsville.

      If you have one, we encourage you to bring your laptop as the
      Chapter Service Center is WiFi accessible.

      This training as an opportunity to "workshop" your website, build a
      new one, or test out the tools and see them in action. Build a
      website for your chapter or your business right during the
      training! You as an individual or your chapter can learn how to
      build a site with Joomla and all of the powerful capabilities that
      open source software can provide.

      10:00 am - Noon: Airset 101/102
      Airset is a free online calendar/website/project management tool.
      We'll go through how to use Airset to your advantage including all
      of the features and possible uses chapters and individuals; also
      Airset use for RD/DD/VP/LCP - covering the overseeing and hierarchy
      of the chapter/regional/state Airset and how to keep it well oiled.

      Noon - 12:30: Lunch on your own (many quick restaurants nearby)

      12:30 - 5:00: Website 101/201
      Website 101- Basics (refresher course from the training at Annual
      convention - terms, examples, what you need and where to get it).
      (cover in depth the free tools, sites, how to build and maintain a
      site, keeping it up to date and PC, designing, WYSIWYG).

      Website 201 - USJC Webmaster David Smith will be coming to Minnesota
      to train on how to develop a website using Joomla. Joomla is an open
      source and free website building tool that national just used to
      launch their new website (ww.usjaycees.org). Joomla allows you to
      have multiple website administrators with an easy to use non-techie
      interface for updating your pages.

      Remember: the training is FREE, but online RSVP is required at
      http://mnjayceeswebtraining.eventbrite.com

      Mike Glum
      2008 Minnesota Junior Chamber
      Training Task Force PM