Youth Sports (PHR) Pitch, Hit & Run Info

  • Matt Weinacht
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 28, 2008
      Hello Jaycees,

      My name is Matt Weinacht and I recently joined the 2008 team as the Youth Sports Program Manager. I would like to share just a little background about myself. In 2000, this young man migrated from rolling plains of South Dakota to the great state of Minnesota. I joined the Hopkins Area Jaycees in 2001. I have served in many chapter positions, including Chapter President. I am trying to revitalize my youth by being a kid again! So, what better way to influence the future, than by working with the leaders of tomorrow...KIDS. I am looking forward to being your 2008 Youth Sports Program Manager.

      Spring is right around the corner and the Twins are at Training Camp. That can only mean one thing....Baseball Season is here! That, in turn, means that another youth sports project is taking off! Please take some time and talk with your chapter about hosting a Pitch, Hit & Run (PHR) competition in your community. Chapters should run the Local Competition from March 1 - May 4. To register and receive a PHR kit, each chapter needs go online to www.mlb.com/phr. Please email your scheduled dates and times to PM Matt Weinacht wein1mat@... and VP Char Blashill zimzoe@... to let us know when you will be hosting the PHR competition. If you have any problems registering for a kit please contact us about that as well. Chapters should run Sectional Competitions from May 16 - June 1. If your chapter is interested in hosting a Sectional Competition please contact VP Char or myself. We will be contacting chapters very soon to get those dates and locations set up.

      Please let ss know ASAP if your chapter is going to run (PHR)

      Matt Weinacht
      2008 Youth Sports Program Manager
      Email wein1mat@...
      Cell 612-599-2798