Springboard & Degrees update

  • Juanita Beauchamp
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 2, 2007
      Hello MN Jaycees,
      I do not know about you, but the first three months of 2007 have just flown by. Time is also drawing closer to turn in your paperwork for Springboard & Degrees. Remember that the due date is April 30th(not a postmark date). You can send the paperwork to me at:
      Juanita Beauchamp
      60 Stony Brook Rd SE
      Foley, MN 56329

      IMPORTANT TIPS:
      Please remember to have the chapter president sign the bottom of the forms, that for every even degree the Jaycee member needs to recruit a member, you can also advance more than one degree per quarter as long as you do not overlap dates, that you only need to complete what is required per degree and keep copies of everything.

      ***Incentives***Incentives***Incentives***Incentives**

      -For every degree received per member your chapter will receive 5 parade points.

      -For every member that submits springboard paperwork and for every degree a member advances, their name will be put into a drawing for the chance to win $25 at the Spring All State Convention.

      You can also earn more chances to get your name into another $25 drawing by buying a tootsie or blow pop sucker for $1 and having it marked on the bottom. Suckers will be available for purchase at various statewide activities. Drawing will be held at the Spring All State Convention.

      Finally, if you need help filling paperwork out, have any questions or would like to set up a training on the program please let me know.

      Remember to put a little "spring" into your step to achieve your "10".

      Juanita Beauchamp
      Springboard & Degrees PM
      320-968-8956
    • Juanita Beauchamp
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 3, 2007
        Hello MN Jaycees,

        Please help me recognize the Jaycees that reached their 10th degree at the Spring All State convention;

        RD Lyle Klasen,
        DD Joel Blom,
        PM Val Benton and
        Sartell President Shawn Klaphake.

        What a great achievement for everyone. Just think, it could be you next. I would also like to congratulate the winner of the "Suck for a Buck" drawing, Jerry Swanson from the Brainerd Jaycees and the winner of the Springboard & Degrees drawing, Shawn Klaphake from the Sartell Jaycees. Both winners were chosen at the Spring All State convention and they each received $25.

        The fun is not over yet. If you would like to have a chance to win $50, yes I did say $50, then you need to listen up. When a chapter member springboards or for every degree a member advances they will be put into a drawing for $50. There is also the "Suck for a Buck" drawing. If you purchase a sucker for $1 and it is marked on the bottom you will be put into a drawing for the chance to win $50. This is an increase from previously stated. Both drawings will be held at the Fall All State Convention.

        I would like to say thank you to all the chapters and individuals that submitted their paperwork for the first trimester. Keep up the good work. Remember if you need help filling paperwork out or want a training please let me know, it is not too late to get started.

        In Jaycee Pride,
        Juanita Beauchamp
        2007 Springboard & Degrees PM
        320-968-8956

        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 17, 2007
          Hello MN Jaycees,

          With deadlines fast approaching it might be time to start thinking about getting everything together and start filling out Springboard & Degrees paperwork. I know it can be time consuming to do this, but in the end it is all worth it. There is a great accomplishment at the end of the tunnel. That would be your 10th Degree. Remember to keep members activated by getting them involved. The Springboard & Degrees program is a great tool to accomplish this. This is your step to step guide to help the Member's growth within the organization and to possibly help retain members within the chapter by this involvement.

          Always remember if you need help completing the forms please contact me and I can help you work through them. Forms can be found on the www.mnjaycees.org website under resources, then forms and finally under the Springboard & Degrees area. If there are any chapters that need training please give me a call or shoot me off an e-mail.

          The deadline for handing in Springboard & Degrees paperwork will be on August 25th (not a postmark date). Please send info. to me by this date. My address is:
          60 Stony Brook Rd SE
          Foley, MN 56329

          *****Incentives*****Incentives*****Incentives*******
          **For every degree received per member and for every springboard turned in, your chapter will receive 5 parade points.

          **For every member that submits springboard paperwork and for every degree a member advances, their name will be put into a drawing for the chance to win $50 at the FAS convention.

          *****Incentives*****Incenitves*****Incentives*****

          You can earn a chance to get your name into another drawing for the chance to win $50 at the FAS convention by buying a “Suck for a Buck” sucker for $1 and having it marked on the bottom. You will be able to purchase the suckers at different statewide activities, including at the FAS convention. I have also added candy necklaces & bracelets to my collection of goodies. Bracelets are 2 for $1 and
          necklaces are $1 a piece.

          Thanks,
          Juanita Beauchamp
          2007 MNJC Springboard & Degrees Program Manager
          320-968-8956

          Message 4 of 8 , Oct 16, 2007
            Hello MN Jaycees,

            You have heard the jive talk for awhile now, but have you really been listening? There is a 10th Degree out there waiting for you to pick it up; all you need to do is to take a few steps to reach it. Year end is coming up quickly and I personally would like to see all of the Tenth Degree pins I have be given out, plus some. Now that things are settling down it would be a great time to start looking at paperwork. I know there are more people that deserve to be acknowledged for their efforts in this organization. If you would like to get your paperwork done or would like to see where you are, let me know; I have the "books". I am willing to help if you are willing to go through the
            paperwork.

            The Degrees means:

            D-Developing you into a leader from the skills gained.
            E-Experiences through orientation,training and
            community awareness.
            G-Growing personally.
            R-Renewing your membership.
            E-Exercising skills to develop skills in activation,
            action and recruiting.
            E-Elevating excitment.
            S-Sharing the Jaycees with others.

            I would like to thank the Austin Jaycees for requesting a Springboard & Degrees training. I will be giving a Springboard & Degrees training in Austin on Tuesday, October 23rd after their general meeting. If you want to learn more about the program please come.

            Remember I also have some incentives. For every degree received per member and for every springboard turned in, your chapter will receive 5 parade points and for every member that submits springboard paperwork and for every degree a member advances, their name will be put into a drawing for the chance to win $75 at the Annual convention. What could be better than filling out a couple sheets of paper for a chance to win some money. The "Suck for a Buck" is still alive and kicking also, along with the candy bracelet & necklace sales. They will be available at different events.

            Remember I am here to help you. If you have any questions or need a training please let me know.

            Thank you,
            Juanita Beauchamp
            2007 MNJC Springboard & Degrees Program Manager
            russjuanitabeauchamp@...
            320-968-8956 Home #
            320-761-1003 Cell#

            Message 5 of 8 , Nov 3, 2007
              Hello MN Jaycees,

              I want to reiterate a couple of pointers for you on the Springboard & Degrees program.

              Remember when going through the paperwork you can go back a calendar year for each degree, if you have not started you might want to use recipe cards for easier documentation or recording of member's activities. Other pointers include; you can complete more than one degree per quarter as long as you do not overlap dates, make sure to keep copies on any paperwork for the chapter files and one last thing is to make sure the Chapter President signs the forms before submission. I think one of the biggest concerns is to keep up to date on the paperwork. Setting a time up each quarter and having more than person go through the paperwork will help to not overburden anyone, will teach others how to do it for the future and will also help a member to not lose out on advancing a degree in a year.

              I would like to thank the Austin Jaycees for holding a Springboard & Degrees Training, the Sauk Rapids Jaycees for requesting a training in December, for all of the chapters that have been requiring about the program and for the all of the chapters that have submitted the paperwork. Keep up the good work!! I am hoping to see plenty of 10th Degrees going out at the Annual convention. As mentioned before, I want to hand out all the 10th Degree pins I have plus some. Receiving your 10th Degree is a great honor, so for all of those members that are close to achieving it, give them the extra support to accomplish it. Working through the Springboard paperwork is equally important, in that, it helps get new members activated and motivated and provides a retention base for the chapter.

              Remember it is still not to late to get on the bandwagon. If you would like a training or have questions about the program please contact me.

              Thank You,
              Juanita Beauchamp
              2007 MNJC Springboard & Degrees Program Manager
              320-761-1003 Cell
              Message 6 of 8 , Nov 18, 2007
                Hello MN Jaycees,

                Hopefully you are working on your Springboard & Degrees paperwork or helping someone else with theirs. It is important to start early so everything does not pile up at the end.

                Just a couple of reminders to mention:
                Remember for every degree turned in per member and for every Springboard turned in, the chapter receives 5 parade points. For every Springboard and each degree a member advances they will put into a drawing to win $75 at the Annual Convention. Paperwork for Springboard & Degrees is due on December 20th at this time. Forms can be found on the www.mnjaycees.org website under resources, chapter forms and then under Springboard & Degrees.

                I would like to thank the Sauk Rapids chapter for requesting a Springboard & Degrees training on December 6th.

                If you have any questions on the program or would like to know where members are in the chapter, please contact me.

                Message 7 of 8 , Dec 4 8:59 AM
                  Hello Everyone,

                  Hope you are enjoying the snow. Maybe we will finally get our white Christmas.

                  I am just sending this reminder about getting paperwork in for Springboard & Degrees. The forms are due to me on December 30th. Please send the forms to:

                  Juanita Beauchamp
                  60 Stony Brook Rd SE
                  Foley, MN 56329