State Bowling - Last chance to guarantee a spot

  • tomwegscheid
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 28 8:44 PM
      Final reminder for the 2007 State Bowling (this weekend).

      We only have room for five more teams on Sunday. We're only doing 24
      teams (9 AM session) unless we get a "bunch" of last second
      registrations. So please let me know ASAP if your chapter is
      thinking about sending a team but has yet to register in order to
      lock in on one of the five remaining spots.

      It looks like were going to have a good turnout for the social on
      Saturday (starts around 5:15 at the entertainment center). Don't be
      a stranger....if your running a chapter project on Saturday, come on
      up (or down) for some fun after you are finished. For non-bowlers,
      it's $3 (unless you are on State Staff (DD's to President - nametag
      required)).

      Below are the chapters that have currently signed up for Bowling
      during the weekend: Blaine, Burnsville, Foley, Hastings, Hopkins,
      Lake Elmo, Monticello, Princeton, Rush City, Saint Paul, Sartell,
      Sauk Rapids and Shakopee.

      Bowling Info:
      It will be held on March 3 and 4 at the new Stars & Strikes
      Entertainment center in Wyoming, MN. Visit their website at
      www.starsstrikes.com for directions. DO NOT YAHOO OR MAPQUEST THE
      ADDRESS UNLESS YOU WANT TO END UP ABOUT A MILE AWAY ON THE WRONG SIDE
      OF THE FREEWAY. The center is on the east side of the freeway.

      The entry fee is $16 per bowler per event.

      Times:
      Singles: Sat, March 3 @ 1 PM (check-in starts at 11:30 am)
      Doubles: Sat, March 3 @ 3 PM (check-in starts at 1 pm)
      Team: Sun, March 4 @ 9 AM (check in starts at 8 am. The 11 AM session
      has been cancelled since it appears we will have less than 24 teams).

      Bring lots of quarters, for they have a huge arcade and game room.

      We're having a social for all bowlers following Saturdays event in
      the ballroom at the facility. There will be a meat/cheese tray, chips
      & salsa, and munchies. This will be free to all bowlers, state staff
      (from DD's to the President). Everyone else is welcome to attend for
      a nominal fee of $3. This will start around 5:15 and will last
      until ???. There is a live band playing that night called loose
      cannon (www.loosecannonrocks.com). They are an eighties/nineties rock
      and roll band. If you're planning on having a lot of fun Saturday
      night, you may want to book a reservation at the hotel in North
      Branch. Hotel accommodations can be made at AmericInn Lodge and
      Suites in North Branch at 877-854-4605 (www.americinn-
      northbranch.com) (free shuttle service to facility).

      On Sunday morning, there will be an all-u-can-eat breakfast buffet
      from 10 AM to 2 PM for $9.95, but you cannot take the food out of the
      buffet area like you were able to at Cedarvale. However, they do
      have a snack bar (rolls, nachos, pretzels, etc) and/or you can order
      of the menu and eat at the lanes if you cannot wait until the end of
      the tournament for the buffet.

      Any questions, contact me at 763-862-3359 (612-910-0274 cell).

      Thanks and hope to see you at State Bowling.

      Tom Wegscheid
      2007 State Delegate
      Blaine Jaycees