Welcome to 2013

  • Kris
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 1, 2013
      Hello Minnesota Jaycees, & Happy New Year! I wanted to send out another list of members who have agreed to step up and serve the Minnesota Jaycees on the 2013 State Team.
      Executive Team:
      Administrative VP Sarah Quick
      Management VP Heather Noyes
      Membership VP James Koltes
      Individual Development VP Brian Haglund
      Community Development VP Joel Blom
      Chairman of the Board Mary Devine Johnson

      Program Managers & Support Staff:
      Secretary Jenny Walsh
      Legal Counsel Christopher Cadem
      ONTO PM John Kopet
      Conventions PM Juanita Beauchamp
      Conventions Family Life PM Sue Rediske
      Chaplain Sara Piekarski
      Treasurer Meredith Black
      Insurance PM Char Blashill
      CLC/Performers PM Annie Regan
      TOYM/OYF PM Debbie Ackerman
      Chapter Website PM Beth Blom
      Social Media PM Brenda Gagnon
      Print Publications PM Angie Nelson
      Competitions PM Dana Listerud
      Training PM Jess Nelson-Rademacher
      Passport to Leadership PM Heather Heim
      First Timer PM Josh Regan
      Road Run PM Karee Kopet
      State Priority Projects PM Mike Waterbury
      National Priority Projects PM Ann Waterbury
      President's Coach Drew Nerdahl
      RD/DD Coach Kathleen Sprole
      Presidential Advisor Laura Chesney-Gadd
      Presidential Advisor Jim Fish
      Presidential Advisor Josh Bohmbach
      Presidential Assistant Sarah Stenerson
      Presidential Assistant Melissa Duenow
      Metro Assistant Tony Wencl
      Political Advisor Jason Gadd

      Regional Staff:
      Region 3 RD Kevin Rediske
      Region 6 RD Matt Weinacht
      Region 6 DD2 Rusty Monroe
      Region 8 RD Paula Heyer

      Open Positions:

      Regional Director – Regions 1, 2, 5, 7: An RD acts as a liaison to chapters for the state and vice versa; this is a key leadership position responsible for building and maintaining personal relationships with chapters in the region; regional staff advise chapters on: chapter management, getting a chapter's outstanding work recognized, partnering with other chapters in the region and state, membership recruitment and engagement, working with the media, and generally how to navigate all things Jaycees. RDs mentor chapter leaders through their Jaycee career and educate members about programming across the state.

      District Directors – Regions 1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 7, 8: A District Director works in coordination with the RD and acts as a liaison to chapters for the state and vice versa; this is a key leadership position responsible for building and maintaining personal relationships with chapters in the region (along with the RD); regional staff advise chapters on: chapter management, getting a chapter's outstanding work recognized, partnering with other chapters in the region and state, membership recruitment and engagement, working with the media, and generally how to navigate all things Jaycees. DDs mentor chapter leaders through their Jaycee career and educate members about programming across the state.

      Awards Program Manager: Work with Management VP to determine, order and present awards at conventions and works with Management VP on the awards banquets. Coordinate CPG judging prior to convention.

      Corporate Relations Program Manager: This is a newer program manager for the Minnesota Jaycees, and could be taken in a couple different directions. 1. This person could work with the Admin VP on securing sponsorship dollars for the MN Jaycees for conventions, programming or trainings. 2. They could work with the Membership VP on actively recruiting members on a corporate level.

      Alumni Coordinator: Maintain an alumni roster and work with the Membership VP on developing ways to manage it. Work with VP to raise awareness among chapters about the importance of having paid alumni- to be sure they are covered under insurance if they volunteer at an event, and so they have an opportunity to continue to support the organization.

      Youth Sports Program Manager: Responsible for assisting the Local Chapters in running the 2 recognized Youth Sports programs; Pitch, Hit and Run, and Punt, Pass and Kick; by being a resource to the chapters for any questions or issues they may be having. The Youth Sports Program Manager also services as the State Chairperson for the two events in coordinating the Sectional and State Competitions.

      *We are also looking for someone to help or shadow the Insurance Program Manager. This person would ideally take over the PM position in 2014.*

      We are all very excited for the new year – if you are interested in stepping up and helping us all make a positive change in our communities, please email, call or text me. Thank you and Happy New Year!

      Kris Wilke
      MN Jaycees 2013 President
      kriswilke@...
      president@...