Minnesota Jaycees Road Runs 5-10 ( Many New Listings)

  • Matt Weinacht
    Message 1 of 1 , May 10, 2011

      Hey Minnesota Jaycees!

      Please be sure to
      send me your chapter’s upcoming projects so we can spread the word and get
      members Road Running! For the phone email readers out there – below are the
      upcoming local events for your viewing pleasure!

      Note: Chapter General Membership meetings will not show up in the Road Run list,
      unless you specifically include the details about the meeting; including contact
      name, phone# and location of the meeting.  Contact Matt Weinacht or the Regional Director directly with information.

       Note :  Drawing for MP3 Player ,

      To enter the drawing just turn in your road run sheet to myself or to the Minnesota Jaycees Chapter Service Center due same day as CPG's.

      Remember to work with your chapters State Delegate.

      Road form can be found on MN Jaycees Website under membership or the following link

      http://mnjaycees.org/files/2010/04/RoadRunLogsandForms.xls

      Road Run forms can be submitted by Email or mailed to

      MN Jaycees Service Center

      Attn: Road Run PM

      2101 w.  Hwy 13

      Burnsville, MN 55337

      There is a 15 day over lap, but Road Runs can only count for one Trimester.

      The dates for Road runs are:

      First trimester is December 1, 2010 to April 15, 2011

      Second Trimester April 1, to August 15,

      Third Trimester August 1, to December 15,

      Thank you,

      Matt Weinacht
      2011 Road Run Program Manager
      roadrun@...
      wein1mat@...
      612-599-2798

      Road Run List

      Continuous or ongoing Projects / Event

      Region 6 -Region 6 Darts

      Sundays

      Contact RD Heather Noyes, rd6@..., (612) 801-6145

      Princeton Jaycees - Mark Park Concessions-

      starts April 15-October 15, Saturdays and Sundays

      Princeton Jaycees - Princeton Speedway-

      starts April 22- September 2, Friday nights

      Shakopee Jaycees - Tahpah Park Concessions

      May 2nd , 2011 – June 30th   every Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday

      6pm - 10pm

      Where: Tahpah Park, Shakopee MN off of 169 and Marystown Rd.

      Email secretary@... to volunteer some time selling!

      Specific Project / Event

      St Cloud Jaycees - St Cloud Jaycees May General Membership Meeting

      Tuesday, May 10 · 7:00pm - 10:00pm

      Location:  Ground Round Grill & Bar

      We've got a full slate of fun activities for this meeting, including a guest speaker, Dr Nathan Winkelman, speaking on behalf of the National Pork Board. His presentation is entitled "The Pork Industry: More than Just the Other White Meat"

      Minneapolis Jaycees - General Membership Meeting (GMM) (all welcome!)
      Tuesday May 10th, 7:30pm
      Bolder Options (2100 Stevens Ave S, Mpls)
      Contact:Rachel Knock at 319-269-4659 or rachelknock@...

      Minneapolis Jaycees - 2 Day Breast Cancer Ride Presenter
      Tuesday May 10th, 8:00pm (following GMM)
      Bolder Options (2100 Stevens Ave S, Mpls)
      Contact:Rachel Knock at 319-269-4659 or rachelknock@...

      Hopkins Area Jaycees  - General Membership Meeting

      Thursday, May 12 · 7:00pm - 8:00pm

      Location: Hopkins Area Jaycees Hall, 5 - 7th Ave N,Hopkins, MN

      Please come and join us at our May General Membership Meeting at 7 p.m. at our Hall in Hopkins. Everyone is welcome to attend, and bring a friend!

      South St Paul Jaycees - General Member Meeting

       May 12 (7:00 pm)

       Croatian Hall ~ 445 2nd Ave S, South St Paul

      South St Paul Jaycees – Interview Workshop

      May 12 (8:00 pm)

      Croatian Hall ~ 445 2nd Ave S, South St Paul

      Minnesota Jaycees  - Spring Convention  (State Training)

      Friday, May 13 – May 15

      Arrowwood Resort & Conference Center, 2100 Arrowwood Land NW, Alexandria, MN 56308

      Minnesota Jaycees state conventions are an opportunity for members and chapter leaders from around the state to gather and share ideas, network, recognize the outstanding accomplishments of leaders around the state, and have fun! The weekend is packed full of networking, training, business meetings of the state organization, and awards.

      Event Details and Registration available at,

      http://mnjaycees.org/learn/conventions-events/state-conventions/

      Awards : Come and cheer on other Jaycees as we recognize outstanding leadership throughout 2011!
      Training Breakout Sessions
      Individual Development Competitions; Speak-Up, Write-Up, and Debate will take place at Spring Convention. Contact IDVP Mike Glum with idvp@... with questions.

      The Fun is a BIG Part of the Experience!

      Dean-O-Mite Entertainment will provide rocking tunes for Friday's dance! Saturday night- come dressed as your favorite Saturday Night Live character!

      Hotel information: Arrowwood Resort & Conference Center 2100 Arrowwood Land NW, Alexandria, MN 56308 866–386–5263 www.arrowwoodresort.com Rooms are available in the Jaycee room block for $99.00- this rate is only guaranteed through 4/18/2011.

      Fairfax Jaycees - Sandbox Fill

      Saturday, May 14 · 9:00am - 5:00pm

      Location:  Fairfax/Gibbon Area

      $5 per Wheelbarrow
      Please Call Christina at (507) 426-7000 by May 11th to reserve your sand.

      Rollingstone Jaycees - Rollingstone, sandbox

      Saturday, May 14

      Rollingstone, sandbox fill is Saturday, May 14. Call 689-2701 to order.

      Hopkins Jaycees -  Volunteers needed: National Lettercarrier's Food Drive

      Saturday, May 14th

      Hopkins Jaycees are in need of 2-3 more volunteers for the postal carrier food drive on 5/14, for those not attending convention.  Please let me know if you are able to help, as they are still in need of staff for either the morning or afternoon shifts.
      Thank you!,  Amanda

      Rush City Jaycees -  PHR: Help Wanted

      Saturday,  May 14th.

      Registration and warm-up session begin at 1 p.m.; competition will start at 1:30 p.m.

      The event will take place at Saloka Field, near the football/track area by the schools.

      Rush City is hosting a local Pitch, Hit, and Run.

      If you are not going to convention (or someone you know), they could use your help.  Especially if you have any experience with PHR, but not necessary.

      This is a new group of members and have not run this event before.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!

      Rochester Jaycees - Special Olympics

      Sunday, May 15 · 7:00am - 5:00pm

      Location:  Mayo High School, 1420 11th Ave SE, Rochester, MN

      Track and Field Competition for the Area 9 Athletes - lunch is provided. We are in need of people to time events, serve lunch, give out awards, and set up.

      Alexandria  Jaycees – PHR

      May 15 1-3 pm

       Knute Nelson Ball field,

      New Munich Jaycees - New Munich Pitch, Hit and Run Competition

      Sunday, May 15 · 6:30pm - 9:30pm

      Location:  New Munich Ball field

      The New Munich Jaycees will be holding our Pitch, Hit and Run on May 15 at 6:30 pm at the New Munich Ball field. Registration will start at 6:30 and competition will start at 7:00 pm. If you have any question please contact Ann Waterbury at 320-837-5417 or annjaycees@...

      New Munich Jaycees - General Membership Meeting

      Monday, May 16 · 7:00pm - 10:00pm

      Location:  New Munich City Hall

      We will be holding our General membership meeting on Monday May 16 at 7:00 pm at the New Munich City Hall.

      New Munich Jaycees - Polka in the Park @ City Hall

      Tuesday, May 17 · 6:30pm - 9:30pm

      Location: New Munich City Hall

      The New Munich Jaycees will be holding our spring Polka in the Park. This will take place at city hall at 6:30 pm. Come join us for an evening of music, fun, singing, dancing, muchies and a really great time.

      Shakopee Jaycees - GM Meeting & Impromptu Speak-up

      Thursday May 19, 2011     7:30pm - 9pm

      Where: 121 Lewis Street Shakopee, MN 55379

      Email president@... for more information.

      New Munich Jaycees – Camp-out

      May 20-22

      Lake Maria

      Shakopee Jaycees - Laser Tag

      Friday, May 20 · 7:00pm - 11:00pm

      Location: Triple Play, 5832 Industrial Lane SE, Prior Lake, MN

      Cost $8 per person

      ($3 off  if you bring a prospective member and a donation for Can Do Canines or CLC)
      Friday Night Special (7pm-11pm)
      Unlimited laser tag, mini golf, gym & inflatable bouncers, 1 batting token, hot dog & medium pop.
      http://www.tripleplaysports.biz/index.html
      Contact MBVP Kris at membervp@...

      Rush City Jaycees - Rush City: Monster Bingo!

      Fri, May 20, 2011 at 6:30 pm

      Time OUT Sports Bar and Grill, 6176 State Highway 70, Pine City, MN 55063

      Come and join us for Monster Bingo at 6:30!

      Bingo payouts will be $99 on games 1-6. Game 7 payout will be $1000 in 55#'s, $800 in 56#'s, $600 in 57#'s, $400 in 58#'s, and $200 in 59#'s or more.
      Please stop by! Tell anyone else you may know! Spread the word! This will be a reoccurring event. The last Friday of each month!

      Rush City Jaycees - Rush City: Ugly Prom

      Fri, May 20, 2011 from 8:30 pm to 11:30 pm

      Time OUT Sports Bar & Grill,   6176 State Highway 70, Pine City, MN 55063

      Bust out those ugly prom dresses and tuxedos! It's time to enjoy a good old fashion Ugly Prom!
      The night will include a photographer for you and your date...or just you and your friends, corsages will be for sale, drink specials and a DJ! To top it all off we will crown our very own Prom King and Queen!
      No registration or door charge, food and beverage on your own.
      (Proceeds from corsages will go to chapter funds as fundraiser).
      Spread the word and come on over to the T.O.!
      This event will start immediately after Monster Bingo at 6:30.
      Contact: RCJaycees@... , Phone 218-831-2038

      Lonsdale Jaycees - Highway Clean up

      May 21, 2011
       9:00am -11:00am

      Meet at Jaycee Park in Lonsdale

      Contact Laura Ellsworth lellsworth1@... for more information

      Ely Jaycees - Jaycee Rummage Sale/fundraiser

      Friday, May 20 and May 21 - 9:00am at 2:00pm

      Location:  240 S. 12th Ave E, Ely, MN

      The rummage sale will be during the City Wide Rummage sale days. May 20 & 21st from 9 am to 2 pm each day.
      Set aside anything you would like to donate to the sale. Spread the word to your friends.

      (Rescheduled) Foley Area Jaycees  - Pitch, Hit & Run

      Saturday, May 21 · 9:00am - 12:00pm

      Registration starts at 9 a.m.

      Competition starts at 10 a.m

      Location:  Foley Intermediate School , Ballfields NW of the Fieldhouse

      Foley, MN

      The chapter will be running their Annual Pitch, Hit & Run Competition on April 30th. PHR is a free event for girls & boys ages 7-14. It is an official skills competition of Major League Baseball.
      Registration starts at 9 a.m. and the competition starts at 10 a.m.
      Boys & girls compete separately with the chance to advance onto the sectional competition in Foley on June 4th. Competitors compete in 4 age groups: 7/8, 9/10, 11/12 7 13/14. Age is determined as of July 17th.
      If you have any questions please contact Juanita & Russell Beauchamp @ russjuanitabeauchamp@... or 320-761-1003.

      South St. Paul Jaycees - Sandbox Days

      Saturday, May 21 · 10:00am - 1:00pm

      (8:00 am) --- Meet at the Croatian Hall ~ 445 2nd Ave S, South St Paul

      Location: Delivering to SSP, IGH, WSP and Mendota Heights

      Summer is almost here and that means time for Sandbox Days! SSP Jaycees will be delivering Premium Playground Sand to SSP, IGH, Mendota Heights and WSP, Saturday May 21st for $10 a wheelbarrow.

      Call 651-457-4980 or email us at sspjaycees@... to order your sand today!

      Also, if you would like to help with this event please contact us at SSPJaycees@....

      Minnesota Jaycees - Metro Sectional Pitch, Hit, & Run

      Saturday, May 21 · 9:00am - 12:00pm

      Registration – 9:30 a.m., Competition beginning at 10:00 a.m.
      VOLUNTEERS NEEDED BY 9AM
      Location: Midway Stadium- Home of the St. Paul Saints

      1771 Energy Park Drive, St. Paul, MN 55108

      **Parking is available at Midway Stadium Parking Lot
      Metro Pitch, Hit & Run Sectional Competition will be hosted by the St. Paul Saints and Metro Area Jaycees:
       Sectional Coordinator – Heather Noyes,  Phone – (612) 801-6145 Email - rd6@...
      - No metal spikes

      Hopkins Jaycees – Mainstreet Days

      Saturday, May 21 · 9:00am - 4:00pm

      Mainstreet, Hopkins, MN

      Check out the Website - http://mainstreetdaysartsandcraftfair.weebly.com/

      _________________________________________________________________________________-

      Austin Jaycees /Region 9 - TIPS Training

       (Training opportunity)

      May 21, 2011
      10:00am-11:00am

      Location at the Holiday Inn

      It is time to renew our TIPS Training certification for the Austin Chapter.
      Some of you are probably asking "what is TIPS Training?" It is Training for
      Intervention Procedures by Servers of Alcohol. With our alcohol serving insurance
      we need to have TIPS trained servers. The training will give practical  advice  to take
      control of the situation so that we don't over serve someone, and that we don't
      serve someone underage. We want everyone to have a good time and enjoy themselves, but without injuring or killing someone. During festivals, it's gets busy and we can all get distracted. This class is very exciting and interesting. It will keep
      us all prepared.

      I am opening this training up to the entire Region 9 and any other Region in the
      State if they would like to attend our TIPS Training.

      Per Tom Joyal the class instructor:

      pre-registrations ($25.00) would due to me by the (May) 11th; anything after would
      be late ($30.00). But since Convention starts just 2 days later and I will also be
      at Convention, I will accept registrations at the $25.00 (pre-registration) amount
      AT Convention (not sent to me afterwards).

      Deleno Jaycees - Sandbox Fill

      Saturday,  May 21st

      Westonka Jaycees – Westonka 2nd Annual Mystery Bus Tour!

      Saturday, May 21 · 3:00pm - 9:00pm

      Location:   4 to 5 bars around the area

      Fun, games and drink specials! $20 covers the bus ride between bars and fabulous prizes. The bus will be leaving from, and returning to, Tommy Sue's in St. Boni. Seats are limited to the first 50 people to get their money to Gina or President Bethany. Hope you can join us for this great event!

      Lake Elmo Jaycees - Spring Fling

      When: Saturday, May 21, 5 p.m.

      Where: Gladstone Center (Map/Directions)

      The Spring Fling is a fun, formal dance event put on by the Lake Elmo Jaycees every year, for clients of the Maplewood Community Bridge Consortium.  This year, the theme for this year's event has yet to be determined.  We need several volunteers to help with setup and decorations, as well as socializing with and assisting attendees.

      NOTE:

      The event begins at 7 p.m. for the attendees and their guests. Please arrive promptly at 5 p.m. to help set up. This is a formal event (prom), so formal attire or business dress is required.  No jeans, please.

      Community Bridge provides accommodations and individual support services to adults with disabilities so they can successfully participate in Community Education programs. and services.

      Contact: CJ Schmitz, 651-226-1973 for questions, or to volunteer.

      Minneapolis Jaycees - Minneapolis Jaycees Kickball Prom!

      Saturday, May 21th at 6:00pm

      Northeast Athletic Field - Softball Field,

       1615 Pierce Street Northeast, Minneapolis, MN 55413

      Elsie's Restaurant, Bar and Bowling Center ,

      729 Marshall Street Northeast, Minneapolis, MN 55413-1842

      COST: $5 suggest donation

      Come join the Minneapolis Jaycees for a night of kickball fun on Saturday May 21st!!

      Dress up in your favorite prom attire  - old or new, ugly or gorgeous, it doesn't matter, just make sure you can run the bases and catch some kickballs!!

      The best dressed will be awarded King and Queen at the end of the evening!!

      The fun starts at the Northeast Athletic Fields - Softball Field at 6pm and we will wrap up there around 8pm and head over to Elsie's afterwards for food and beverages on your own!!

      Spread the word and Invite all your friends!

       Contact: Beth Walser, 612-598-9998, Beth.Walser@...

      Shakopee Jaycees - Shakopee Sand Box Fill

      May 22, 2011
       9:00am-12:00pm

      Shakopee & Surrounding areas

      Meet at Lions Park 1/2 mile North of 169 on Marystown Rd

      We are in need of volunteers to help deliver and unload sand to the Shakopee Community from orders.
      If you are interested in volunteering or know someone in the area who would like a sand delivery, please email cdvp@....
      Price per barrel will most likely be around $2.... more information to come from Project Chairperson Neil Peterson. (612) 227-3709
      Please sign up at a meeting, on Facebook or by email.

      Wadena Jaycees - GM Meeting

      Sunday, May 22      7:00 PM

      at the Uptown,   224 Jefferson St S, Wadena, MN 56482

      We had our first meeting 5-9-2011! Glad we could all get together. Next meeting is scheduled for May 22nd at 7:00PM. See you all there!

      Shakopee Jaycees - Shakopee AHA CPR Training & Certification

      May 28, 2011
       9:00am- 1:00pm

      Shakopee Police Department

      Be State Certified in CPR. Learn life saving skills with the Shakopee Jaycees.
      Includes First Aid, Adult & Infant CPR as well as Bacteria Handling certifications.
      Cost is $45 due by May 21, which includes supplies and free lunch! Sign up by May 14 to reserve your space. Questions? Call ID Dir Ray Martin (651) 216-5635 or email him iddir@...

      - Memorial Day –

      Mon, May 29,