Minnesota Jaycees - Road Runs 3/01

  • Matt Weinacht
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 2, 2011

      Hey Minnesota Jaycees!

      Attached is the current Road Run list through April for local chapter
      events, and through May 2011 for State and National events. Please be sure to
      send me your chapter’s upcoming projects so we can spread the word and get
      members Road Running! For the phone email readers out there – below are the
      upcoming local events for your viewing pleasure!

      Please be sure to send me a list of your upcoming projects so we can help spread
      the word and make sure the public calendar on the state website is up to date.

      Note: Chapter General Membership meetings will not show up in the Road Run list,
      unless you specifically include the details about the meeting; including contact
      name, phone# and location of the meeting.

      Watch out for Road Run incentives and challenges to be stated in the next week’s

      Thank you,

      Matt Weinacht
      2011 Road Run Program Manager

      Saint Paul Jaycees – New Ulm Schell’s Bockfest Trip

      Saturday, March 5, 2011

      Time: 7:30 am – 6:30 pm
      departing from the Happy Gnome, St. Paul, MN

      The Saint Paul Jaycees are once again heading to Bockfest.  Join Saint Paul Jaycees for the bus trip to Schell's Brewery in New Ulm, Minnesota.

      Cost: $60 ticket includes

            Breakfast at the Happy Gnome ,      Round trip travel to Bockfest

            Beer, snacks, trivia, prizes, and fun on the bus ride , Entrance to Bockfest

      We will be meeting at the Happy Gnome, 498 Selby Avenue, Saint Paul, MN for breakfast starting at 7:30 am.  The bus will be departing at 8:30 am and arriving back to the Happy Gnome around 6:00 pm.

      the link to purchase tickets: http://thehappygnome.com/2011/01/bockfest/

      Questions Contact Elyssa Weber (weber14us@...)  Or

      Justin Lashley, Saint Paul Jaycees 2011 President,  justinlashley1@...

      MN Jaycees State Bowling  (State Sporting Event)

      March 5 & 6 in Blaine

      The Minnesota Jaycee State Bowling Tournament will be on March 5 and 6 at Blainbrook Entertainment Center in Blaine, MN. Visit their website at www.blainbrookbowl.com for facility details and directions.
       The deadline for early registration (Feb 22) for State Bowling is less than a month away, so start putting your team(s) together. State Bowling provides an excellent opportunity to activate some of your idle members in your chapter.
      The registration form is on the Blaine Jaycee website at http://blainejaycees.org/bowling.htm

      Shoes and ball are included. Prices are same as last year. All entry fees listed are per bowler. To receive the early registration discount, we must receive payment (postmarked) by Feb 22nd.

      Payment and registration form should be sent to:
      Blaine Jaycees, PO Box 490014, Blaine, MN 55449

      Sign up for all three events by Feb 22 and pay only $30.

      Single Bowlers: Received by Feb 22: $12, After Feb 22: $15
      Double Bowlers: Received by Feb 22: $12, After Feb 22: $15
      Team Bowlers: Received by Feb 22: $12, After Feb 22: $15

      Days and Times:
      Singles: Sat, March 5 @ 12:30 PM
      Doubles: Sat, March 5 @ 2:30 PM (following singles match)
      Team: Sun, March 6 @ 9 AM
      Registration form - http://blainejaycees.org/Main/2011%20STATE%20BOWLING%20TOURNAMENT.pdf

      If you have questions,Blaine Jaycees - statebowling@...

      Shakopee Jaycees - i-Hoops Competition

      Saturday, March 5 · 10:00am - 12:00pm

      Location: Shakopee Community Center

      Registration 10-10:30am
      Competition 10:30am-Noon
      Boys and girls ages 9 to 14 compete separately in a timed based, half-court basketball obstacle course.
      Every youngster has the opportunity to highlight his or her dribbling, passing and shooting skills in this time-based, half-court obstacle course.
      Contact:  CDVP@...  or  president@...   for more information

      Hopkins Jaycees - Kiddie Karnival

      Saturday, March 5

      Time: 10am-12pm.  (Volunteers asked to arrive at 9:40)

      Location: Harley Hopkins, 125 Monroe Ave S, Hopkins 55303

      The Hopkins Area Jaycees have an opportunity to Volunteer help the Hopkins District Early Childhood Education Center with their Kiddie Karnival.

      Questions? Contact: Basia Elmore  boskerz@..., Cell: 612-306-0461

      Westonka Jaycees - War on Winter

      Sat, Mar 5, 2011 from 12:00 pm to 6:00 pm

      At Grumpys in St. Boni

      Live music, drink specials, silent auction, door prizes! Wear your summer clothes to fight the winter blah's!

      Fergus Falls Jaycees - Back to the 90s Dance

      Saturday, March 5 · 8:00pm - 11:30pm

       Fergus Falls Armory , Fergus Falls, MN

      Think back to the 90210 years, back to rump shaker and zubas...yup, that's the 90s! Come dance the night away to some old school music. Dress is casual, formal, or character...but dress is 90s!
      Dance is 8:00 pm to midnight!
      Contact: president@...

      Big Lake Area Jaycees - Business Expo

      Sunday, March 6 · 11:00am - 2:00pm

      Location : Big Lake High School

      Lake Elmo Jaycees - Autumn Ladies' Tea

      Sun, Mar 6, 2011 from 10:00 am to 12:30 pm

      The old proper British tradition, with a twist! High tea isn't just for royalty anymore. Join the ladies of the Lake Elmo Jaycees (and our guests--other women from around our community), as we don outrageous but "proper" lady hats, slurp tea with our pinkies up, and enjoy cakes, scones and each other's company. Theme for this event will be Alice in Wonderland/The Mad Hatter's Tea. Time and date yet to be determined.
      Questions or ideas, feel free to contact Bobbi Jo.

      Region 6  Regional Darts

      Sunday March 6th
       6:00pm- 9:00pm CDT Park Grove Bowl,  St Paul Park, MN

      New Munich Jaycees - 1st Qtr Birthday Social

      Monday, March 7   @ 7pm

      At  All American Burger, St. Joseph, MN

      Contact : New Munich president Ann @ annjaycees@... or 320-837-5417

      Lake Elmo Jaycees - Learn A Latte: People & Ideas on Caffeine!

      Wednesday, March 9 · 6:30pm - 7:30pm

      Location: Black Dog Café, 308 Prince Street, Ste 100, Saint Paul, MN

      Come one, come all! Grab a latte or cuppa joe and relax. You'll meet Lake Elmo Jaycees members and officers and learn about what we do.
      Everyone is invited to join Lake Elmo Jaycees, we want to know what you'd like to see us doing this year. This networking social is geared toward learning more about what members and the public would like to see Jaycees do for YOU.
      NOTE: On-street parking is available for free (no meter charges after 6 pm), and there is also parking in the adjacent Farmer's Market Lot on Wall street.

      South St Paul Jaycees -St. Patty's Day Food Drive - Bag Rolling Party

      Friday, March 11 · 7:00pm - 10:00pm

      Croatian Hall, 445 2nd Ave South, South Saint Paul, MN

        In preparation of our Food Drive we will be rolling the bags for collecting the door-to-door donations.

      Albany Jaycees – Albany REGIONAL WRESTLING - (Youth Sporting Event)

      ?, March 12th

      Location: ?

      People can be a spectator or you can help with manpower.

      questions please contact,

       Hopkins Jaycees - four block walk

      March 12th

      Come join the Hopkins Jaycees for our annual 4-Block walk down to the bars on Mainstreet in Hopkins. This is a free event you pay for your drinks and food. We will visit Mainstreet for dinner, then onto Big 10, and end at Tavern on Main. We will meet at the Hopkins Jaycees Hall (5- 7th St N, Hopkins) at 5:30 p.m. on March 12th to start walking.

      South St. Paul Jaycees - St. Patty's Day Food Drive - Donation Bag Distribution

      Saturday, March 12 · 9:00am - 10:00pm

      Location South St. Paul, MN

      South St Paul Jaycees will be breaking into teams to distribute the donation bags door-to-door in South St Paul. If you would like to join a team please come to our bag rolling party, if you can't make it but would like to join a team please

      contact the chapter at sspjaycees@...

      Hopkins Area Jaycees - Empty Bowls Event

      Tuesday, March 15th

      The Jaycees  will be attending the 13th Annual Hopkins Empty Bowls.  This fun event brings together art and hunger awareness in a community-wide effort to support our neighbors in need.  Local artists and community members make bowls to be distributed at the event and local musicians help provide the entertainment for those attending.  A meal of soup and bread, donated from local restaurants is available for dinner.  No admission fee is required; however a free will offering is suggested that will benefit the work of ICA foodshelf and Resource West.

      Where: At Hopkins Center for the Arts: 1111 Mainstreet, Hopkins

      When: The event runs from 11am-7pm. If you are interested in going to the event, we will meet up at the hall around 5:15pm and enjoy dinner together to benefit our local community.

      Please let me know if you would like to join us, and I hope to see you there!

      Amanda Meyer, Amandammeyer@... ,651-307-1512

      Hopkins Jaycees - Wine Tasting

      Wednesday, March 16, 7pm
      Hopkins Elks - (30 - 8th Ave S, Hopkins)
      Cost: $10
      Wine Tasting - Napa or Sonoma?
      Come sample wines from Napa and Sonoma areas of California.  The Hopkins Wine Club is having a wine tasting where they will pair each wine sample with a sample of "just the right food".  The event is led by Dave and Sue MacCarville and Carrie MacCarville Nelson of MAC'S LIQUOR.  This is a fun group and Dave said he is looking forward to seeing the Jaycees!
      Please let Molly Tighe know if you are interested in joining Hopkins Jaycees
      . RSVP isn't required, but encourage to let them know how many to expect so that they have enough wine and food to go around.

      Questions: Molly Tighe, mrt1775@..., 952-250-7385

      Hopkins Area Jaycees – St. Patrick's Day Parade in Hopkins

      Thursday, March 17 ,

      Location: Parade starts at the Hopkins Elk’s (8th Avenue), goes down Mainstreet and ends at the American Legion (12th Avenue)

      Time:   Parade starts at 4:00 pm  - Meet at the Hopkins Jaycees Hall at 3:30pm

      Description: If you ever wanted to claim your Irish just for a day, then join the Hopkins Area Jaycees on St. Patrick’s Day as they walk in the Shortest St. Patrick’s Day Parade!    Come walk and don’t forget to wear your green!

      ***If you are unable to make it for the parade, join us after at the American Legion (Mainstreet and 12th Avenue)

      Questions?  Contact: Brenda Sadowski 952-270-6067

      Shakopee Jaycees - St Patty's Day Social

      Thursday, March 17 at 9:00pm

      At Turttles in Shakopee

      Shakopee Jaycees are having a St Patty's Day Social after our General Membership Meeting!
      So wear your green and join us for some green beer at the Pub after the meeting.
      For more information, email membervp@...

      Foley Area Jaycees - St. Patrick's Day Social

      Thursday, March 17th       from 6-10 p.m

      Come celebrate as the Foley Area Jaycees host a St. Patrick's Day Social on March 17th from 6-10 p.m. @ Jack & Jim's Bar in Duelm, MN. This will be a time to socialize and celebrate St. Parick's Day. If you want you can join in on Bar Bingo @ 6:30 p.m.

      Jack & Jim's Bar address is: 11205 Duelm Rd NE,Foley, MN 56329

      If you have any questions contact President Melissa @ 763-360-5454 or Russ Beauchamp @ 320-968-8956/russjuanitabeauchamp@....

      Bemidji Jaycees - Bowl-A-Rama

      Saturday, March 19 · 1:00pm - 3:00pm

      Location: Bemidji Bowl

      We will be holding a Bowl-A-Rama social on March 19th at 1:00pm - 3:00pm during Glow-N-Bowl. This isn't going to be your normal bowling social. I have gone a little crazy planning out different styles of bowling for you to do. Interested in finding out what kind of crazy bowling is planned come on out and enjoy the activities. Prizes are also going to be awarded at different times through out the games. If you know someone that is interested in joining bring them to the social. If you sign the member during the social, with payment, your name will go in a drawing for a gift certificate. Shoe rental will be on your own, cost is $2.75. Hope to see you there.
      Karen Gannetta, Bowl-A-Rama Chair, C: 218-766-9174, E: tazz4199@...

      South St. Paul Jaycees  -St. Patty's Day Food Drive - Donation Collections and Sorting Party

      Saturday, March 19 · 10:00am - 4:00pm

      Location:  Croatian Hall, 445 2nd Ave South, South Saint Paul, MN

      Finally the BIG DAY for this week long project... collection day! Meet at the Croatian Hall to split into teams to pick up donation bags. Once all the donations are picked up we will sort through them to prepare them for delivery to Neighbors, Inc.
      Please come to help or just hang out and celebrate with us.
      Questions: contact our State Delegate, Cassi Johnson (cassij11310@... or 651-895-0012)

      St. Cloud Jaycees – Saint Cloud Craft Fair

      Saturday, March 19th

      at Midtown Square, 3333 West Division Street, St Cloud, MN

      Spring is a great time to change the décor. St Cloud Jaycees Spring Craft Fair has Artisans, homemade crafters, and commercial vendors are welcome. We are planning on having a guest appearance from the Easter Bunny and games for the kids. It will be a fun time for all as we get out and show Central Minnesota that spring has sprung!

       New Munich Jaycees - TIPS training.
      Sunday March 20th, 2011

      New Munich at 3pm.  The class will last 3-4 hours depending on people.
      Pre-registration is due to me at least 10-days prior (March 10  respectively).  Pre-reg cost is $25.00; late/at-door is $30.00, but quantities may be limited (based on number of pre-reg -- I need to purchase the supplies and it takes about a week for shipping...)     Please RSVP for spots.
      Sally Koltes ,kellensally@..., 320 291 2994