Online Worship Service At Internet Church Of Christ For Week Of Sunday, February 5, 2006 Featuring Again The Topic "God Is Love (Deus Caritas Est)"

  • Bill McGinnis
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 5, 2006
      Online Worship Service At Internet Church Of Christ For Week Of Sunday,
      February 5, 2006

      Featuring Again The Topic "God Is Love (Deus Caritas Est)"

      HTML at http://www.internetchurchofchrist.org/worship020506.html

      "He that loves not knows not God; for God is love." - 1 John 4:8 (KJCNT)

      "And we have known and believed the love that God has to us. God is love;
      and he that dwells in love dwells in God, and God in him." - 1 John 4:16
      (KJCNT)

      Hello Beloved,

      If you have the Holy Spirit of Jesus abiding within you, then you are able
      to endure all trials, blessed with the peace which surpasses all
      understanding. If not, you remain deprived of the many blessings the Lord
      has waiting for you. If you have not yet accepted Jesus as your personal
      Lord and Saviour, you have the opportunity to do that right now by
      clicking => HERE! - http://www.internetchurchofchrist.org/jesusdirect.html

      Welcome

      Welcome to the online worship service at Internet Church Of Christ. Here
      is a good place to worship our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ. You are
      invited and are welcome at any time. Blessings to you in Him.

      Opening Hymn

      Breathe On Me, Breath Of God

      Lyrics by Edwin Hatch (1835-1889), music is the hymn tune TRENTHAM by
      Robert Jackson (1842-1914). MIDI sequence by Bill McGinnis, (1943-20xx)
      Public Domain

      MIDI music file at http://patriot.net/users/bmcgin/breathea.mid

      BREATHE ON ME, BREATH OF GOD - by Edwin Hatch (1835-1889)
      Public Domain

      Breathe on me, Breath of God,
      Fill me with life anew,
      That I may love what Thou dost love,
      And do what Thou wouldst do.

      Breathe on me, Breath of God,
      Until my heart is pure,
      Until my will is one with Thine,
      To do and to endure.

      Breathe on me, Breath of God,
      Till I am wholly Thine,
      Until this earthly part of me
      Glows with Thy fire divine.

      Breathe on me, Breath of God,
      So shall I never die,
      But live with Thee the perfect life
      Of Thine eternity.

      Amen.

      Blessings to you in Jesus Christ our Lord.

      Invocation
      O Lord, we know that You are everywhere,
      And nothing happens that You cannot see,
      But even so, we pray that You will come
      And join with us directly at this time.
      We now will offer up our praise to You,
      And we do much desire to have You here.
      In Jesus' holy name we pray, Amen.

      Declaration Of Faith

      The Apostles' Creed

      This historic affirmation of faith comes to us from the early
      centuries of the Christian church.

      I believe in God, the Father Almighty,
      Maker of heaven and earth:
      And in Jesus Christ, his only Son, our Lord;
      Who was conceived by the Holy Ghost;
      Born of the Virgin Mary,
      Suffered under Pontius Pilate,
      Was crucified, dead, and buried;
      He descended into hell;
      The third day he rose again from the dead;
      He ascended into heaven
      And sitteth at the right hand of God the Father Almighty;
      From thence He shall come to judge the quick and the dead.
      I believe in the Holy Ghost;
      The holy catholic church; *
      The communion of saints;
      The forgiveness of sins;
      The resurrection of the body;
      And the life everlasting.

      Amen.

      * Note: "catholic church" here means the entire body of
      believers in Christ, not just one particular church.

      Reading Of The Scriptures
      1 John 4:7-21 - "God Is Love"

      4:7 Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every
      one that loves is born of God, and knows God.

      4:8 He that loves not knows not God; for God is love.

      4:9 In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because God
      sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through
      him.

      4:10 Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and
      sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins.

      4:11 Beloved, if God so loved us, we ought also to love one another.

      4:12 No man has seen God at any time. If we love one another, God
      dwells in us, and his love is perfected in us.

      4:13 Hereby know we that we dwell in him, and he in us, because he
      has given us of his Spirit.

      4:14 And we have seen and do testify that the Father sent the Son to
      be the Saviour of the world.

      4:15 Whosoever shall confess that Jesus is the Son of God, God dwells
      in him, and he in God.

      4:16 And we have known and believed the love that God has to us. God
      is love; and he that dwells in love dwells in God, and God in him.

      4:17 Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in
      the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world.

      4:18 There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear:
      because fear has torment. He that fears is not made perfect in love.

      4:19 We love him, because he first loved us.

      4:20 If a man say, I love God, and hates his brother, he is a liar:
      for he that loves not his brother whom he has seen, how can he love
      God whom he has not seen?

      4:21 And this commandment have we from him, That he who loves God
      love his brother also.

      Source: 1 John 4:7-21 (KJCNT)

      Teachings

      "God Is Love (Deus Caritas Est)"
      (Here is some beautiful "Ubi Caritas" music to get you in the Spirit.) Ubi
      Caritas - http://www.parrocchie.it/bari/santacecilia/midi/re10596m.mid
      The new Pope begins on a beautiful note, with an inspired message on the
      overwhelming importance of love. He considers the relationship between
      love and justice, which we encounter most clearly as the conflict between
      forgiveness and punishment; and he deals directly with the difficult
      distinctions and relationships of sexual/erotic love (eros),
      friendship/brotherly love (philia), and selfless/Godly love (agape).

      He also moves directly into the real world, as he boldly asserts the need
      for Christians to work for justice in Public Life, saying,"Justice is both
      the aim and the intrinsic criterion of all politics. Politics is more than
      a mere mechanism for defining the rules of public life: its origin and its
      goal are found in justice, which by its very nature has to do with ethics.
      The State must inevitably face the question of how justice can be achieved
      here and now. But this presupposes an even more radical question: what is
      justice? The problem is one of practical reason; but if reason is to be
      exercised properly, it must undergo constant purification, since it can
      never be completely free of the danger of a certain ethical blindness
      caused by the dazzling effect of power and special interests."

      This statement is of particular importance to me, as I find myself being
      more-and-more led into active political involvement, and wondering if this
      is the right thing for me to do.

      So nobody can say he is afraid to take on difficult and important
      subjects.

      I don't claim to understand all of this yet, but I'm working on it. And
      just because the Pope said it, I don't necessarily believe it, being a
      Christian Universalist Protestant as I am. Nevertheless, he obviously is a
      brilliant thinker, and he didn't get to be Pope because God hated him.
      Therefore I give great respect to any of his official messages,
      particularly this first one in his administration. It is clear, however,
      that the Pope considers love to be "the most important thing," as I do
      also. So he is starting off in exactly the right direction, as far as I'm
      concerned.

      May the Lord help each of us as we study the first Papal Encyclical from
      the new Catholic Pope, who is leader of more Christians than any other
      person in the world.

      Source: http://www.vatican.va/holy_father/benedict_xvi/encyclicals/
      documents/hf_ben-xvi_enc_20051225_deus-caritas-est_en.html

      Exhortation

      "Take this day, and live it for the Lord."

      Take this day, and live it for the Lord;
      In everything you do, give praise to Him.
      The Lord is mighty, merciful and just.
      He gives us all the strength we ever need.
      We have no reason ever to complain,
      For we are His, and He is in control.

      William McGinnis
      Public Domain

      Prayer For You

      "Go Ahead And Give Yourself To Christ"

      NOTE: When you read this prayer, try to imagine hearing my voice as I
      speak it to you. In this way, the prayer is reactivated, and it
      the same as if I were actually praying for you at that moment.
      (Just like television prayers are reactivated when you watch
      them, although the videotape may have been shot years before.)

      Perhaps you are a Christian even now,
      You go to church and try to do your best,
      You try to put His teachings in your life,
      But still you do not feel that He is yours.
      You do not feel the closeness that you crave.
      If this is you, then say this prayer with me:
      * * *
      O Lord, I want you closer in my life,
      I want you more to be a part of me.
      I want the best relationship with you,
      That anyone on earth could ever have.
      I know that, "as we give, we shall receive,"
      And so I now do give myself to you,
      In full completeness, holding nothing back.
      I'm yours, so you may use me as you will,
      And take whatever things you want from me.
      And now that I did give myself to you,
      I pray that you will give yourself to me,
      As bridegroom gives himself to his new bride.
      In Jesus' holy name I pray, Amen.

      by William McGinnis
      Public Domain

      Holy Communion

      A ceremony for Holy Communion is available to you HERE! -
      http://patriot.net/~bmcgin/pearl-holycommunion.html
      If you are alone, you will needed to be both "Leader" and "Assembly," as
      described in the ceremony.

      How To Find A Real, Live Church

      An online church is better than no church at all; but it is even better
      for most Christians to actually belong to a real, live church, with real,
      live people. Then, you can have your real church PLUS your online church,
      so you gain the benefits of both. You can find a church for yourself by
      clicking HERE! - http://patriot.net/~bmcgin/findachurch.html

      Closing Hymn
      "O Holy Spirit, Enter Within Me"

      (To play the music, click here => http://patriot.net/~bmcgin/holspirc.mid

      MIDI music file available at http://patriot.net/~bmcgin/holspirc.mid

      Words, music, arrangement, and MIDI sequence by Bill McGinnis, Public
      Domain.

      More like this at Christmusic.ws, our Christian MIDI website.

      O HOLY SPIRIT, ENTER WITHIN ME - by William McGinnis, 1995 -
      Public Domain

      O Holy Spirit, enter within me,
      Filling my heart with Thy holy grace;
      Dwelling so sweetly, loving completely,
      Making my body Thy holy place.

      O Holy Spirit, sunlight eternal,
      Brighten my path with Thy holy rays;
      Always unfolding, never witholding,
      Comfort and lead me all of my days.

      And when my life on this Earth is over,
      And when my soul from body is free,
      Keep me forever, leaving me never,
      Taking my soul to heaven with Thee.

      Amen.

      Benediction

      "Now may the Lord of peace himself give you peace at all times in
      all ways. The Lord be with you all." (2 Thessalonians 3:16 RSV)

      Blessings to you in Jesus Christ our Lord!

      This worship service is now completed. Go in peace.

      * * *

      Rev. Bill McGinnis

      You can contact me at bmcgin@....

      Please visit our home page at http://www.InternetChurchOfChrist.org
      INTERNET CHURCH OF CHRIST

      This page is brought to you by LoveAllPeople.org,
      God's One Law For Everyone: "Love All People As Yourself."
      "Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to
      you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the
      prophets."
      - Jesus, as quoted in Matthew 7:12(KJV)

      http://www.LoveAllPeople.org