There Is No Way Harriet Miers Will Be Confirmed. You read it here first.

  • Bill McGinnis
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 3, 2005
      There Is No Way Harriet Miers Will Be Confirmed. You read it here first.

      by Rev. Bill McGinnis, Director - LoveAllPeople.org

      I'm sitting here watching a C-Span broadcast of a speech that Harriet
      Miers made before a Republican lawyers' group a few months ago.

      Oh my God! She's a total right-wing Republican captive! A very nice
      person, perhaps, but hopelessly biased toward the entire Bush right-wing
      agenda. Everything he's for, she's for! "Star-struck" is a word which
      comes to mind. Even "worshipful." I doubt that she could ever seriously
      oppose any Bush policy for very long on any matter. In fact, that attitude
      is surely a big reason why she got so far in life under the sponsorship of
      George W. Bush.

      And why was it that this morning Sen. Frist repeatedly referred to her as
      "Harriet," rather than "Ms. Miers?" Perhaps as in "our girl Harriet?"
      To me, this denotes a lack of gravitas.

      Since she never was a judge, she does not have a record of decisions to be
      evaluated. But apparently she does have a long history of making many
      highly partisan speeches on a wide variety of issues which would surely
      come before her as a Supreme Court Justice. She will not be able to hide
      from this glaring record of enthusiastic support for everything
      right-wing.

      Am I making a judgment too quickly, without studying her background, etc.?
      No, I am not. If you burst into a bedroom unexpectedly and see some
      romantic behavior you were not supposed to see, you do not need to study
      the scene for a month before you know what is going on. Same with this
      speech I just saw. I know everything anybody needs to know about her
      suitability for the U. S. Supreme Court. Verdict: "Not suitable."

      There is no way the Democrats can allow her nomination be confirmed. This
      is a filibuster for sure, unless enough Republicans also oppose her or
      unless Bush withdraws this outrageous nomination.

      You read it here first.

      Blessings to you. May God help us all.

      Rev. Bill McGinnis, Director
      LoveAllPeople.org

      We are Centrist - Pragmatist - Democratic - Christian

      "Seeking The Greatest Good For The Greatest Number, With Basic Rights For
      All."
      (Nobody left rotting in the street.)

      God's One Law For Everyone: "Love All People As Yourself."

      LoveAllPeople.org - http://www.loveallpeople.org
      SITE MAP - http://www.loveallpeople.org/chapellinks.html

      ETHICS & HUMAN RELATIONS - POLITICS & PUBLIC AFFAIRS - CHRISTIAN -
      AUTOMOTIVE - LEGAL SERVICES - GENERAL INTEREST - PUBLISHING & CONSULTING -
      AFFILIATES

      HTTP://WWW.LOVEALLPEOPLE.ORG
    • Bill McGinnis
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 5, 2005
        Hi Arnold,

        Good to hear from you again.

        I am opposed to Laissez-Faire Capitalism - unregulated, dog-eat-dog
        economics, where the richest guys always win everything. This is the
        driving force behind the right-wing agenda, in my opinion.

        Blessings to you. May God help us all.

        Rev. Bill McGinnis

        Director - LoveAllPeople.org
        Pastor - InternetChurchOfChrist.org