INTERNET CHURCH OF CHRIST - Online Worship Service, May 1, 2005

  • Bill McGinnis
    Message 1 of 1 , May 2 7:15 AM
      INTERNET CHURCH OF CHRIST - Online Worship Service, May 1, 2005

      HTML version at http://www.internetchurchofchrist.org/worship050105.html

      Welcome
      Welcome to the online worship service at Internet Church Of Christ. Here
      is a good place to worship our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ. You are
      invited and are welcome at any time. Blessings to you in Him.

      Opening Hymn

      "A MIGHTY FORTRESS IS OUR GOD"

      Words are by Martin Luther, translated. Music (EIN' FESTE BURG) is by
      Martin Luther, arranged by J. S. Bach, with MIDI sequence by Bill McGinnis
      from a published Bach arrangement. Everything here is Public Domain, free
      for all to use without restriction.

      MIDI music file at http://www.patriot.net/users/bmcgin/fortrs8b.mid

      A MIGHTY FORTRESS IS OUR GOD - by Martin Luther (1529), Translated by
      Frederick H. Hedge (1853).

      A mighty fortress is our God,
      A bulwark never failing;
      Our helper He, amid the flood
      Of mortal ills prevailing.
      For still our ancient foe
      Doth seek to work us woe;
      His craft and pow'r are great,
      And, armed with cruel hate,
      On earth is not his equal.

      Did we in our own strength confide,
      Our striving would be losing,
      Were not the right Man on our side,
      The Man of God's own choosing.
      Dost ask who that may be? Christ Jesus, it is He;
      Lord Sabaoth His name,
      From age to age the same,
      And He must win the battle.

      And though this world, with devils filled,
      Should threaten to undo us,
      We will not fear, for God hath willed
      His truth to triumph through us.
      The prince of darkness grim -
      We tremble not for him;
      His rage we can endure,
      For lo! his doom is sure;
      One little word shall fell him.

      That word above all earthly pow'rs -
      No thanks to them - abideth;
      The Spirit and the gifts are ours
      Through Him Who with us sideth.
      Let goods and kindred go,
      This mortal life also;
      The body they may kill;
      God's truth abideth still,
      His kingdom is for ever.

      Amen.

      More like this at Christmusic.ws

      Invocation
      O Lord, we come together in Your name,
      And as You promised, we know You are here.

      AND SO WE WELCOME YOU WITH OPEN ARMS,
      AND PRAY THAT YOU FIND PLEASURE HERE WITH US,
      AS WE, YOUR LOVING CHILDREN WORSHIP YOU.

      We now invite You to reveal Yourself,
      And share with us Your presence, openly,

      FOR YOU ARE EVERYTHING THAT WE DESIRE,
      AND EVERYTHING WE HAVE, WE GIVE TO YOU.

      In Jesus' holy name we pray, Amen.

      Declaration Of Faith

      The Apostles' Creed

      This historic affirmation of faith comes to us from the early
      centuries of the Christian church.

      I believe in God, the Father Almighty,
      Maker of heaven and earth:
      And in Jesus Christ, his only Son, our Lord;
      Who was conceived by the Holy Ghost;
      Born of the Virgin Mary,
      Suffered under Pontius Pilate,
      Was crucified, dead, and buried;
      He descended into hell;
      The third day he rose again from the dead;
      He ascended into heaven
      And sitteth at the right hand of God the Father Almighty;
      From thence He shall come to judge the quick and the dead.
      I believe in the Holy Ghost;
      The holy catholic church; *
      The communion of saints;
      The forgiveness of sins;
      The resurrection of the body;
      And the life everlasting.

      Amen.

      * Note: "catholic church" here means the entire body of
      believers in Christ, not just one particular church.

      Reading Of The Scriptures
      The Good Samaritan

      This is the story of the good Samaritan, as recorded in the Bible in
      LUKE chapter 10, verses 25 through 37.

      The Good Samaritan

      And, behold, a certain lawyer stood up, and tested him, saying,
      Master, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?

      He said unto him, What is written in the law? how do you read
      it?

      And he answering said, You shall love the Lord your God with all
      your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and
      with all your mind; and your neighbor as yourself.

      And he said unto him, You have answered right: this do, and you
      shall live.

      But he, willing to justify himself, said unto Jesus, And who is
      my neighbor?

      And Jesus answering said, A certain man went down from Jerusalem
      to Jericho, and fell among thieves, which stripped him of his
      clothing, and wounded him, and departed, leaving him half dead.

      And by chance there came down a certain priest that way: and
      when he saw him, he passed by on the other side.

      And likewise a Levite, when he was at the place, came and looked
      on him, and passed by on the other side.

      But a certain Samaritan, as he journeyed, came where he was: and
      when he saw him, he had compassion on him,

      And went to him, and bound up his wounds, pouring in oil and
      wine, and set him on his own beast, and brought him to an inn, and
      took care of him.

      And on the next day when he departed, he took out two denarii,
      and gave them to the host, and said unto him, Take care of him; and
      whatsoever you spend more, when I come again, I will repay you.

      Which now of these three, think you, was neighbor unto him that
      fell among the thieves?

      And he said, He that showed mercy on him. Then said Jesus unto
      him, Go, and do likewise.

      ###

      Here ends the story of the good Samaritan.

      Source: King James Clarified New Testament (KJCNT)
      http://www.patriot.net/users/bmcgin/kjcntpage.html - PUBLIC DOMAIN

      FREE PUBLIC DOMAIN SPEAKING-VOICE MP3 => The Good Samaritan

      May the Lord bless this presentation of His holy word.

      Guest Hymn From Another Website
      "Blessed Assurance" http://hymnsite.com/lyrics/umh369.sht
      Thanks and blessings to Hymnsite.com for providing this beautiful hymn for
      us.

      Teachings
      We Must Forgive

      The most important thing for a Christian is love. If we love, we must
      forgive.

      "For all the law is fulfulled in one word,
      even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour
      as thyself." (Galatians 5:14 KJV)

      If we love them, we must forgive them. Just as God loves us and has
      forgiven us, we must also forgive them. If we will not forgive others, God
      will not forgive us! Simple as that. People who claim to be Christians but
      who will not forgive are merely deceiving themselves.

      "For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father
      will also forgive you: But if ye forgive not men their
      trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses."
      (Matthew 6:14-15 KJV)

      Jesus made this very clear in The Parable Of The Unforgiving Servant.

      MATTHEW 18:21-35 (RSV)

      The Unforgiving Servant

      21
      Then Peter came up and said to him, "Lord, how often shall
      my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? As many as
      seven times?"
      22
      Jesus said to him, "I do not say to you seven times, but
      seventy times seven.
      23
      "Therefore the kingdom of heaven may be compared to a king
      who wished to settle accounts with his servants.
      24
      When he began the reckoning, one was brought to him who
      owed him ten thousand talents;
      25
      and as he could not pay, his lord ordered him to be sold,
      with his wife and children and all that he had, and
      payment to be made.
      26
      So the servant fell on his knees, imploring him, 'Lord,
      have patience with me, and I will pay you everything.'
      27
      And out of pity for him the lord of that servant released
      him and forgave him the debt.
      28
      But that same servant, as he went out, came upon one of
      his fellow servants who owed him a hundred denarii; and
      seizing him by the throat he said, 'Pay what you owe.'
      29
      So his fellow servant fell down and besought him, 'Have
      patience with me, and I will pay you.'
      30
      He refused and went and put him in prison till he should
      pay the debt.
      31
      When his fellow servants saw what had taken place, they
      were greatly distressed, and they went and reported to
      their lord all that had taken place.
      32
      Then his lord summoned him and said to him, 'You wicked
      servant! I forgave you all that debt because you besought
      me;
      33
      and should not you have had mercy on your fellow servant,
      as I had mercy on you?'
      34
      And in anger his lord delivered him to the jailers, till
      he should pay all his debt.
      35
      So also my heavenly Father will do to every one of you, if
      you do not forgive your brother from your heart."

      Here are other Scriptures which emphasize the overwhelming importance of
      forgiveness.

      Scriptures On Forgiveness (RSV)

      Matthew 6:14-15
      For if you forgive men when they sin against you, your heavenly Father
      will also forgive you. But if you do not forgive men their sins,
      your Father will not forgive your sins.

      Matthew 18:21-22
      Then Peter came to Jesus and asked, "Lord, how many times shall I
      forgive my brother when he sins against me? Up to seven times?"
      Jesus said to him, "I do not say to you up to seven times, but
      up to seventy times seven."

      Matthew 18:35
      "This is how my heavenly Father will treat each of you unless you
      forgive your brother from your heart."

      Mark 11:25-26
      And when you stand praying, if you hold anything against anyone,
      forgive him, so that your Father in heaven may forgive you your sins.
      But if you do not forgive, neither will your Father who is in heaven
      forgive your sins.

      Luke 6:37
      "Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you
      will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven.

      Luke 17:3
      So watch yourselves. "If your brother sins, rebuke him, and if he
      repents, forgive him.

      Luke 17:4
      If he sins against you seven times in a day, and seven times comes
      back to you and says, `I repent,' forgive him."

      HERE IS A PRAYER/POEM WHICH RE-EXPRESSES THESE TEACHINGS . . .

      "As You Forgive, So Shall You Be Forgiven"

      I pray that you will learn this teaching well,
      I pray that you engrave it on your heart.
      The Lord has spoken clearly as can be:
      "As you forgive, so shall you be forgiven."
      * * *
      So if someone has done you wrong, forgive!
      And if somebody steals from you, forgive!
      And if they lie and laugh at you, forgive!
      And if they beat you half to death, forgive!
      * * *
      So when the day of judgment comes for you,
      And He reviews the life that you have led,
      I pray the record shows that you forgave,
      So He can say, "I likewise do forgive."
      * *
      In Jesus' name I pray for you, Amen.

      by Rev.Bill McGinnis, Public Domain

      . . . AND HERE IS A PRAYER YOU CAN USE TO GRANT YOUR FORGIVENESS TO OTHERS

      THIS PRAYER IS FOR YOU, YOURSELF, TO PRAY

      "To Grant Your Forgiveness"

      NOTE: This is a prayer for you to grant your forgiveness
      to everyone who has hurt you or has aroused the emotion of
      anger in you. You need to make a list of these people,
      complete to the best of your ability. If you don't know a
      particular name, you may merely describe the situation, like
      "The man who ran my car off the road last year, then drove
      away." As you are praying, you refer to this "forgiveness
      list." You may repeat this prayer whenever you need to.
      As a Christian, you never want to hold a grudge against
      anyone very long.

      * * *

      O Lord, I raise my humble prayer to you,
      That you might soothe my soul and grant me peace,
      For I have burned in anger, raged in wrath.
      I have a list where I have written down
      The names of those I want now to forgive.
      So Lord, I now declare that I forgive
      The people who are listed here today.
      For every wrong that they have done to me,
      I do forgive and blot out of my heart.
      For any anger they aroused in me,
      I do forgive them, each and every one.
      And any others, not upon this list,
      I also do forgive them, every one.
      I do sincerely promise this to you.
      And as I now forgive those listed here,
      I pray that you will likewise grant to me,
      Complete forgiveness for my many sins.
      In Jesus' name I pray to you, Amen.

      by Bill McGinnis, Public Domain

      More like this at internetchurchofchrist.org/pearlindx.html

      Hymn

      "BREATHE ON ME, BREATH OF GOD"

      Lyrics by Edwin Hatch (1835-1889), music is the hymn tune TRENTHAM by
      Robert Jackson (1842-1914). MIDI sequence by Bill McGinnis, (1943-20xx)
      Public Domain

      To play the music, please click => HERE! -
      http://www.patriot.net/users/bmcgin/breatheonme.html

      Complete HTML page at
      http://www.internetchurchofchrist.org/breatheonme.html

      BREATHE ON ME, BREATH OF GOD - by Edwin Hatch (1835-1889)
      Public Domain

      Breathe on me, Breath of God,
      Fill me with life anew,
      That I may love what Thou dost love,
      And do what Thou wouldst do.

      Breathe on me, Breath of God,
      Until my heart is pure,
      Until my will is one with Thine,
      To do and to endure.

      Breathe on me, Breath of God,
      Till I am wholly Thine,
      Until this earthly part of me
      Glows with Thy fire divine.

      Breathe on me, Breath of God,
      So shall I never die,
      But live with Thee the perfect life
      Of Thine eternity.

      Amen.

      Blessings to you in Jesus Christ our Lord,
      Rev. Bill McGinnis <><

      Exhortation
      "Take This Day And Live It For The Lord"
      Take this day, and live it for the Lord;
      In everything you do, give praise to Him.
      The Lord is mighty, merciful and just.
      He gives us all the strength we ever need.
      We have no reason ever to complain,
      For we are His, and He is in control.

      Prayer For You
      "I Pray That You Will Take The Time Today"

      NOTE: When you read this prayer, try to imagine my voice as I
      speak it to you. In this way, the prayer is reactivated,
      and it is the same as if I were actually praying for you
      at that moment.

      I pray that you will take the time today
      To open up your eyes, and clearly see
      And open up your heart, and surely feel
      And open up your mind, and understand
      Your place within the Universe of God.

      For He created you, and not yourself;
      And He created others, just like you,
      With needs and feelings just the same as yours.

      They may seem insignificant to you,
      But God may love them more than He loves you!

      And if you love them as you love yourself,
      Then He will love you greatly in return.

      But if you treat them harshly, with contempt,
      Then He will treat you harshly in return.

      For this is Justice, clear as it can get:
      "You will receive exactly as you give."

      The Lord is not impressed with who you are.
      In fact, He hates the arrogant and proud.

      The boastful warrior with a mighty sword
      Will surely fall and surely turn to dust.

      In Jesus' name I pray for you today.

      by Rev. Bill McGinnis, Public Domain
      InternetChurchOfChrist.org

      Holy Communion
      A ceremony for Holy Communion is available to you HERE! -
      http://patriot.net/~bmcgin/pearl-holycommunion.html
      If you are alone, you will needed to be both "Leader" and "Assembly," as
      described in the ceremony.

      How To Find A Real, Live Church
      An online church is better than no church at all; but it is even better
      for most Christians to actually belong to a real, live church, with real,
      live people. Then, you can have your real church PLUS your online church,
      so you gain the benefits of both. You can find a church for yourself by
      clicking HERE! - http://patriot.net/~bmcgin/findachurch.html
      Closing Hymn
      "When Jesus Comes Into Your Heart"
      Click HERE to start the music =>
      http://www.patriot.net/users/bmcgin/whenjhh.mid

      Words, Music, Arrangement and MIDI sequence by Bill McGinnis, 1995, Public
      Domain.

      "When Jesus Comes Into Your Heart"

      1. When Jesus comes into your heart,
      What a wonderful joy you will find!
      Your burdens He bears,
      Your sorrows He shares,
      He comforts your soul and your mind.

      Chorus: When Jesus, when Jesus,
      When Jesus comes into your heart.
      When Jesus, when Jesus,
      When Jesus comes into your heart.

      2. When Jesus comes into your heart,
      All your doubt and despair will be gone!
      He leads you to see
      The way you should be,
      He shows you the path to go on.

      Chorus:

      3. I want my dear Savior to be
      Together forever with me.
      I want Him to stay
      And show me the way
      From here to eternity.

      Chorus:

      by William E. McGinnis, 1995
      Public Domain

      * * *

      Benediction

      "Now may the Lord of peace himself give you peace at all times in
      all ways. The Lord be with you all." (2 Thessalonians 3:16 RSV)

      Blessings to you in Jesus Christ our Lord!

      This worship service is now completed. Go in peace.

      Rev. Bill McGinnis

      You can contact me at bmcgin@....

      Please visit our home page at InternetChurchOfChrist.org
      INTERNET CHURCH OF CHRIST

      This page is brought to you by LoveAllPeople.org,
      "Love All People As Yourself."