Internet Daily Chapel For Week Of March 25, 2012 - Featuring - Christian Teaching: "How To Forgive Other People."

  • Bill McGinnis
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 24, 2012
      Internet Daily Chapel For Week Of March 25, 2012
      Online Christian Worship Service and Practical Guide
      Featuring - Christian Teaching: "How To Forgive Other People."

      The primary URL for this page is =>
      <link rel="canonical"
      href="http://www.internetchurchofchrist.org/idc032512.html" />

      The latest edition of Internet Daily Chapel should always be at =>

      By Rev. Bill McGinnis, Director - LoveAllPeople.org
      Search our pages => http://loveallpeople.org/searchallpages.html

      "Dear Lord: Please put the right thoughts in my mind, words in my
      mouth, and actions
      in my hands and feet, that I might please You best today. In Jesus'
      name I pray, Amen."

      NOTE: The advertising above is served automatically by Google and may be
      theologically incorrect.
      Worship Service, Featuring Christian Teaching: "How To Forgive Other

      Welcome to the online worship service at Internet Church Of Christ. Here
      is a good place to worship our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ. You are
      invited and are welcome at any time. Blessings to you in Him.
      Opening Song: "Great Is Thy Faithfulness."
      "Great Is Thy Faithfulness"
      With Music Video

      Unframed view at http://youtu.be/RpRCClg8pEY
      More of our favorite Christian poems at =>

      Find Bibles, Music, And Other Christian Products At Christianbook.com
      Search all pages in The LoveAllPeople.org Network,
      using the search box below . . .

      For list of suggested searches, click => HERE!
      See more about "Great Is Thy Faithfulness" at =>

      See more songs like this on our Christian music page at =>
      Explore 250+ top Christian songs at

      Search all pages in The LoveAllPeople.org Network,
      using the search box below . . .

      Dear Lord, please let the viewers of this page
      Unite with You this moment, at one time.
      And let our worship please You, here and now.
      In Jesus' holy name we pray, Amen.

      Invocation - Inviting God To Be with Us
      O Lord, we come together in Your name,
      And as You promised, we know You are here.

      We now invite You to reveal Yourself,
      And share with us Your presence, openly,

      In Jesus' holy name we pray, Amen.

      If you are a new Christian, we invite you to visit our page at

      The Lord's Prayer
      with MP3 audio file

      The Lord, Himself, taught us to pray like this . . .

      Play Prayer Here =>
      Reading by Rev. Bill McGinnis - Public Domain

      The Lord's Prayer

      Our Father, who art in heaven,
      hallowed be thy Name,
      thy kingdom come,
      thy will be done,
      on earth as it is in heaven.
      Give us this day our daily bread.
      And forgive us our trespasses,
      as we forgive those who trespass against us.
      And lead us not into temptation,
      but deliver us from evil.
      For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory,
      for ever and ever. Amen.

      Source: Book Of Common Prayer, based on
      Matthew 6:9-13

      You can hear the Lord's Prayer on an MP3 file by clicking on
      internetchurchofchrist.org/binaries/lordsprayer2.mp3. This MP3 file, and
      the text on which it is based, are in the Public Domain, free for all
      people to use without restriction. As always, permission is granted to
      link to any of our files.

      Bible Readings - Updated Automatically Each Day
      New American Bible (with notes and links) -
      Daily Light On The Daily Path -
      National Presbyterian Church (USA) -

      Declaration Of Faith
      The Apostles' Creed
      This historic affirmation of faith comes to us from the early centuries of
      the Christian church.
      MP3 audio file at
      http://www.internetchurchofchrist.org/binaries/apostlescreed.mp3 - free,
      Public Domain

      I believe in God, the Father Almighty,
      Maker of heaven and earth:
      And in Jesus Christ, his only Son, our Lord;
      Who was conceived by the Holy Spirit;
      Born of the Virgin Mary,
      Suffered under Pontius Pilate,
      Was crucified, dead, and buried;
      He descended into hell;
      The third day he rose again from the dead;
      He ascended into heaven
      And sitteth at the right hand of God the Father Almighty;
      From thence He shall come to judge the quick and the dead.
      I believe in the Holy Spirit;
      The holy catholic church; *
      The communion of saints;
      The forgiveness of sins;
      The resurrection of the body;
      And the life everlasting.

      * Note: "catholic church" here means the entire body of
      believers in Christ, not just one particular church.

      Blessings to you in Jesus Christ our Lord,

      Rev. Bill McGinnis <><

      The advertising above is served automatically by Google. It may be
      theologically incorrect.

      Scriptures And Teachings -
      Christian Teaching: "How To Forgive Other People."
      How To Forgive Other People
      We Must Forgive Others, And Here Is How To Do It
      By Rev. Bill McGinnis, Director - LoveAllPeople.org

      Jesus teaches that we must forgive other people if we expect God to
      forgive us. Here is a way to do that.

      The most important thing for a Christian is love. If we love, we must

      "For all the law is fulfilled in one word,
      even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour
      as thyself." (Galatians 5:14 KJV)

      If we love them, we must forgive them. Just as God loves us and has
      forgiven us, we must also forgive them. If we will not forgive others, God
      will not forgive us! Simple as that. People who claim to be Christians but
      who will not forgive are merely deceiving themselves.
      "For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father
      will also forgive you: But if ye forgive not men their
      trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses."
      (Matthew 6:14-15 KJV)

      Search Amazon.com =>

      Jesus made this very clear in The Parable Of The Unforgiving Servant.

      MATTHEW 18:21-35 (RSV)

      The Unforgiving Servant

      Then Peter came up and said to him, "Lord, how often shall
      my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? As many as
      seven times?"
      Jesus said to him, "I do not say to you seven times, but
      seventy times seven.
      "Therefore the kingdom of heaven may be compared to a king
      who wished to settle accounts with his servants.
      When he began the reckoning, one was brought to him who
      owed him ten thousand talents;
      and as he could not pay, his lord ordered him to be sold,
      with his wife and children and all that he had, and
      payment to be made.
      So the servant fell on his knees, imploring him, 'Lord,
      have patience with me, and I will pay you everything.'
      And out of pity for him the lord of that servant released
      him and forgave him the debt.
      But that same servant, as he went out, came upon one of
      his fellow servants who owed him a hundred denarii; and
      seizing him by the throat he said, 'Pay what you owe.'
      So his fellow servant fell down and besought him, 'Have
      patience with me, and I will pay you.'
      He refused and went and put him in prison till he should
      pay the debt.
      When his fellow servants saw what had taken place, they
      were greatly distressed, and they went and reported to
      their lord all that had taken place.
      Then his lord summoned him and said to him, 'You wicked
      servant! I forgave you all that debt because you besought
      and should not you have had mercy on your fellow servant,
      as I had mercy on you?'
      And in anger his lord delivered him to the jailers, till
      he should pay all his debt.
      So also my heavenly Father will do to every one of you, if
      you do not forgive your brother from your heart."

      Here are other Scriptures which emphasize the overwhelming importance of

      Scriptures On Forgiveness (RSV)

      Matthew 6:14-15
      For if you forgive men when they sin against you, your heavenly
      Father will also forgive you. But if you do not forgive men their
      sins, your Father will not forgive your sins.

      Matthew 18:21-22
      Then Peter came to Jesus and asked, "Lord, how many times shall I
      forgive my brother when he sins against me? Up to seven times?"
      Jesus said to him, "I do not say to you up to seven times, but
      up to seventy times seven."

      Matthew 18:35
      "This is how my heavenly Father will treat each of you unless you
      forgive your brother from your heart."

      Mark 11:25-26
      And when you stand praying, if you hold anything against anyone,
      forgive him, so that your Father in heaven may forgive you your sins.
      But if you do not forgive, neither will your Father who is in heaven
      forgive your sins.

      Luke 6:37
      "Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you
      will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven.

      Luke 17:3
      So watch yourselves. "If your brother sins, rebuke him, and if he
      repents, forgive him.

      Luke 17:4
      If he sins against you seven times in a day, and seven times comes
      back to you and says, `I repent,' forgive him."

      Jesus, Himself, gives us the perfect example of forgiveness. Even as He
      was hanging on the cross, He forgave those who were responsible for his
      crucifixion, saying "Father, forgive them; for they know not what they
      do." (Luke 23:24 KJV)

      Search Amazon.com =>

      But you may say, "I know I should forgive them, but it is very hard to do.
      How can I do it? What should I do?"

      Here is a good way to go about granting your forgiveness to others.

      First, let me pray for you, to help you grant your forgiveness.

      "As You Forgive, So Shall You Be Forgiven"

      I pray that you will learn this teaching well,
      I pray that you engrave it on your heart.
      The Lord has spoken clearly as can be:
      "As you forgive, so shall you be forgiven."
      * * *
      So if someone has done you wrong, forgive!
      And if somebody steals from you, forgive!
      And if they lie and laugh at you, forgive!
      And if they beat you half to death, forgive!
      * * *
      So when the day of judgment comes for you,
      And He reviews the life that you have led,
      I pray the record shows that you forgave,
      So He can say, "I likewise do forgive."
      * *
      In Jesus' name I pray for you, Amen.

      by Rev.Bill McGinnis, Public Domain

      Next, you make a list of everyone you can think of who has ever done you
      wrong or aroused anger in you. Call this your "Forgiveness List." On this
      list, write down the name of each offender, and a brief description of the
      thing(s) he did bad to you.
      Then, say this prayer, asking the Lord to help you.

      "To Grant Your Forgiveness"

      NOTE: This is a prayer for you to grant your forgiveness
      to everyone who has hurt you or has aroused the emotion of
      anger in you. You need to make a list of these people,
      complete to the best of your ability. If you don't know a
      particular name, you may merely describe the situation, like
      "The man who ran my car off the road last year, then drove
      away." As you are praying, you refer to this "forgiveness
      list." You may repeat this prayer whenever you need to.
      As a Christian, you never want to hold a grudge against
      anyone very long.

      * * *

      O Lord, I raise my humble prayer to you,
      That you might soothe my soul and grant me peace,
      For I have burned in anger, raged in wrath.
      I have a list where I have written down
      The names of those I want now to forgive.

      So Lord, I now declare that I forgive
      The people who are listed here today.
      For every wrong that they have done to me,
      I do forgive and blot out of my heart.
      For any anger they aroused in me,
      I do forgive them, each and every one.
      And any others, not upon this list,
      I also do forgive them, every one.
      I do sincerely promise this to you.

      And as I now forgive those listed here,
      I pray that you will likewise grant to me,
      Complete forgiveness for my many sins.
      In Jesus' name I pray to you, Amen.

      by Bill McGinnis, Public Domain

      Finally, go down the list of people, one-by-one. Deliberately forgive each
      person, saying, "In the name of Jesus, I forgive you." Then write beside
      each name the words, "I forgive you," and scratch out the name and the
      If necessary in the future, make additional forgiveness lists, and repeat
      this procedure.

      See more pages like this, at our Index of Pearls Of Faith, a treasury of
      Biblical truths.

      Please also see our related pages . . .

      May the Lord bless this presentation of His holy Word.

      Rev. Bill McGinnis <><

      Blessings to you in Jesus Christ our Lord.

      Rev. Bill McGinnis, Director - LoveAllPeople.org

      Extra Song - "Fairest Lord Jesus"
      Lyrics, MIDI Music, Chords, and more at =>
      More songs like this at =>
      Christian Song Search page at =>

      Rededicate Your Life To Jesus Christ - With MP3 Audio Prayer
      O Lord, I had You with me, and I strayed.
      I turned my back on You and went away.
      But now I see the error of my ways,
      And now I want to turn again to you.

      * * *

      I pray that You will come into my life,
      As Lord and Saviour, ruling over me.
      I know that You are truly Son of God,
      I know that You have risen from the dead,
      I know that only You can save my soul.
      I need Your guidance, and I need Your love;
      I want to follow everywhere You lead.
      I truly do repent of all my sins;
      I feel remorse for evil I have done;
      I know that only You can make me clean.
      I turn my back on sin and look to You.
      I am forgiving all who did me harm,
      As You are now forgiving all my sins.
      And now as I commit myself to You,
      I pray that You commit Yourself to me.
      I pray that You will take me as I am,
      And draw me, step-by-step, into Your arms.
      In Jesus' holy name I pray, Amen.

      HTML page with link to MP3 Audio Reading at =>
      If you are a Christian who has fallen away from the Lord, now is the time
      to come back

      Holy Communion
      A ceremony for Holy Communion is available to you HERE! -
      If you are alone, you will needed to be both "Leader" and "Assembly," as
      described in the ceremony.

      How To Find A Real, Live Church
      An online church is better than no church at all; but it is even better
      for most Christians to actually belong to a real, live church, with real,
      live people. Then, you can have your real church PLUS your online church,
      so you gain the benefits of both. You can find a church for yourself by
      clicking HERE! - http://patriot.net/~bmcgin/findachurch.html
      Invitation To Accept Jesus Christ As Your Personal Lord And Saviour
      Closing Song
      "Holy, Holy, Holy!"

      See this song at Youtube.com => http://youtu.be/6iK0Miq2xNo

      More about this song at =>
      More songs like this at => http://www.loveallpeople.org/christmusic.html
      ... and at =>

      I pray the Lord that He will lead your path
      Away from the temptations all around.
      I pray that when temptation lingers near,
      The Lord will lead you not into its reach.
      But if temptation grabs you as you pass,
      I pray the Lord that you will struggle free.
      In Jesus' holy name I pray, Amen.

      Blessings to you in Jesus Christ our Lord.
      This chapel service is now complete.

      Rev. Bill McGinnis

      Pastor - http://InternetChurchOfChrist.org
      Director - http://LoveAllPeople.org

      You are invited to visit . . .
      The home page for Internet Church Of Christ =>
      NEW from LoveAllPeople.org: eBooklets at => http://www.eBooklets.net
      Free to download, copy, and distribute.=>

      Find Bibles, Music, And Other Christian Products At Christianbook.com
      You are invited to join . . .

      Visit this group

      The Internet Church Of Christ group at Google.com is at =>

      The Internet Church Of Christ group at Yahoo.com is at =>

      Rev. Bill McGinnis' main blog is at =>

      Search all pages in The LoveAllPeople.org Network,
      using the search box below . . .

      To support us, please visit the advertisers appearing on our pages . . .

      NOTE: The advertising above is served automatically by Google and may be
      theologically incorrect.

      We are . . . http://InternetChurchOfChrist.org
      A service of . . . http://LoveAllPeople.org
      God's one law for all mankind: "Love All People As Yourself."

      "Start Each Day The Positive Way," at Internet Daily Chapel - Christian
      daily worship service and practical guide.