rump?

  • Pat Baldwin
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 18, 1999
      Y'all:
      I think it's fine to have "Regional Miniature Book Enthusiasts Get-Togethers"

      Just so long as they don't call it "RUMP!"

      Pat
    • LFarmPress@xxx.xxx
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 18, 1999
        I vote for regional meetings where there are enough members and enough
        interest, but only ONE Conclave.

        Jane Conneen
        The Little Farm Press
      • Rebecca Bingham
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 18, 1999
          Hi everyone,
          I agree with both Neale and Jane. The idea of regional meetings that give
          members additional opportunities to share experiences is very nice,
          especially for those who have difficulty traveling to the main Conclave for
          various reasons. A regional meeting can't really take the place of a
          Conclave because a Conclave brings together MBS members from around the
          world -- an incredible experience.

          Maybe it's a question of timing, as well as naming. Regional meetings can
          be held any time, but to hold one concurrently with the main Conclave can
          make it take on a stature probably not intended by the regional members.

          Neale makes a valid point that this probably should be addressed in the
          by-laws, now that the subject has come up.

          Rebecca Bingham
          Rebecca Press