Re: [miniaturebooks] Re: Robert Burns Poems chiefly in the scottish dialect Bryce & Son

  • bj berrykeeper
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 30, 2005
      Hi Joe, I googled it. Here's some information about it. Hope this helps a bit. bj

      http://www.abebooks.co.uk/servlet/SearchResults?an=Robert+Burns&ph=2&tn=Chiefly+Scottish+Dialect&sortby=2

      joeapr <joeapr@...> wrote:
      Greetings, I have been handed down a book that was published by David
      Bryce and Son in Glasgow Scotland which appears to be an original
      reduced facsimile of the book printed in 1786. I am researching it and
      really have not found too much information and thought I would send
      you a note to see if you might know something about it. It has a
      tartan type wooden box in which the book slides in to and on the box
      is printed in gold Prince Charlie, does that have any significance?
      Also ,on the inside front cover it is stamped with the name Mackenzie.
      I am at a loss since I have not been able to to get information. If
      you know something about it's history I would be thrilled if you could
      share it with me. I have a picture of the book that I scanned and if
      you zoom in you can see the print on the box.

      Thanks in advance!

      Joe

      Writing book Writing a book Writing child book Book writing software Writing a book report Business writing book

      "A person should think with his heart". Sun Bear 1890