Re: Robert Burns Poems chiefly in the scottish dialect Bryce & Son

  • Joe Garcia
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 30, 2005
      Joe Garcia <joeapr@...> wrote:

      Greetings, I have been handed down a book that was published by David Bryce and Son in Glasgow Scotland which appears to be an original reduced facsimile of the book printed in 1786. I am researching it and really have not found too much information and thought I would send you a note to see if you might know something about it. It has a tartan type wooden box in which the book slides in to and on the box is printed in gold Prince Charlie, does that have any significance? Also ,on the inside front cover it is stamped with the name Mackenzie. I am at a loss since I have not been able to to get information. If you know something about it's history I would be thrilled if you could share it with me. I have also attached a picture of the book that I scanned and if you zoom in you can see the print on the box.

      Thanks in advance!

      Joe

      http://mail.yahoo.com

    • joeapr
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 30, 2005
        Greetings, I have been handed down a book that was published by David
        Bryce and Son in Glasgow Scotland which appears to be an original
        reduced facsimile of the book printed in 1786. I am researching it and
        really have not found too much information and thought I would send
        you a note to see if you might know something about it. It has a
        tartan type wooden box in which the book slides in to and on the box
        is printed in gold Prince Charlie, does that have any significance?
        Also ,on the inside front cover it is stamped with the name Mackenzie.
        I am at a loss since I have not been able to to get information. If
        you know something about it's history I would be thrilled if you could
        share it with me. I have a picture of the book that I scanned and if
        you zoom in you can see the print on the box.

        Thanks in advance!

        Joe
      • bj berrykeeper
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 30, 2005
          Hi Joe, I googled it. Here's some information about it. Hope this helps a bit. bj

          http://www.abebooks.co.uk/servlet/SearchResults?an=Robert+Burns&ph=2&tn=Chiefly+Scottish+Dialect&sortby=2

          joeapr <joeapr@...> wrote:
          Greetings, I have been handed down a book that was published by David
          Bryce and Son in Glasgow Scotland which appears to be an original
          reduced facsimile of the book printed in 1786. I am researching it and
          really have not found too much information and thought I would send
          you a note to see if you might know something about it. It has a
          tartan type wooden box in which the book slides in to and on the box
          is printed in gold Prince Charlie, does that have any significance?
          Also ,on the inside front cover it is stamped with the name Mackenzie.
          I am at a loss since I have not been able to to get information. If
          you know something about it's history I would be thrilled if you could
          share it with me. I have a picture of the book that I scanned and if
          you zoom in you can see the print on the box.

          Thanks in advance!

          Joe

          Writing book Writing a book Writing child book Book writing software Writing a book report Business writing book

          "A person should think with his heart". Sun Bear 1890