FYI

  • Glen Dawson
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 17, 1999
      You are invited to participate in the"Rump" Grand Conclave XVII of the
      Miniature Books Society, Sunday, September 5, 1999 from 12 noon to 6.00 pm
      at San Fernando Mission, 15151 San Fernando Mission Blvd. Mission Hills,
      California.
      Reception 12 noon to 1.30 pm Book Fair 2.00 3.30 pm Auction 4.00 to 5.00
      pm. Barbecue Dinner, 5.00 pm Bring an "auctionable" item. Profits go to
      Miniature Book Society. Rare keepsakes will be given. If you want to "stay
      over" contact Best Western Hotel, Mission Hills (800)528-1234 or
      (818)891-1771
      To reserve, send check made out to San Fernando Mission for $25 per
      person and mail to
      Msgr. Francis Weber at address above. For an exhibit (sales) table add $5.
      This is an unoffical announcement but be believed to be correct. I will be
      glad to have your comments or questions.
      Glen Dawson
    • Ralf Quast
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 19, 1999
        Glen Dawson wrote:

        > From: Glen Dawson <glen@...>
        >
        > You are invited to participate in the"Rump" Grand Conclave XVII of the
        > Miniature Books Society, Sunday, September 5, 1999 from 12 noon to 6.00 pm
        > at San Fernando Mission, 15151 San Fernando Mission Blvd. Mission Hills,
        > California.
        > Reception 12 noon to 1.30 pm Book Fair 2.00 3.30 pm Auction 4.00 to 5.00
        > pm. Barbecue Dinner, 5.00 pm Bring an "auctionable" item. Profits go to
        > Miniature Book Society. Rare keepsakes will be given. If you want to "stay
        > over" contact Best Western Hotel, Mission Hills (800)528-1234 or
        > (818)891-1771
        > To reserve, send check made out to San Fernando Mission for $25 per
        > person and mail to
        > Msgr. Francis Weber at address above. For an exhibit (sales) table add $5.
        > This is an unoffical announcement but be believed to be correct. I will be
        > glad to have your comments or questions.
        > Glen Dawson

        ....shall I be happy, shall I be sad....hear what the Host says:

        hahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah....
        grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
        hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah!!!!!

        A few quick questions:

        How many Grand Conclaves will be around next year???????

        And what says the President and the Board???

        I didn't read anything in the newsletter; is it a mbs.onelist
        conclave??? or a californian one? or is it the popes* conclave?

        Who invites?

        Have a nice summer!

        Ralf

        * pope: of the MBS**

        **i'm roman-katholic, be sure i know what i'm talking about!
      • Evron Collins
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 29, 2003
          Just got this from Eileen on Wed. afternoon.

          FINALLY ABLE TO GET A PHONE LINE. SERVICE BACK BUT NOT HIGH SPPED MODEM.
          HAD NO PHONE EXCEPT CELL, NO CABLE TV (BUMMER)! Had Ham radio which kept us
          apprised of the situation.
          Unbelievable experience. Gathered only one garbage bag full of mini books,
          bears and photos, 2 days of clothing and awaited the notice to evacuate but
          luckily the word never came. Fires were all around us as close as 1/2 mile
          but my section came away unscathed. Still packed though because the fire in
          Julian (15 miles away) has high winds (20-35 MPH) and is not under control.
          There's only 15% containment. Won't leave my mountain because I might not
          be able to get back up. Have been running on adrenalin the past 4 days.
          It's almost surreal. I ventured a mile down the road & quickly came back. I
          cannot deal with the devastation I saw of bunt down homes & my favorite
          little garden shop destroyed.

          Not up to writing more. Just to let you know we're alive.
          Eileen