Re: [miniaturebooks] Miniatures for Sale

  • Mark Ryavec
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 1, 2005
      All:

      Per Neale Albert's suggestion, I would be interested in selling any and
      all of the following miniatures, near-miniatures and rare books, though
      I am unsure of how to price them. Please contact me if you are
      interested in any of them.

      M. Ryavec

      Group 1

      A Child’s Garden of Verses by Robert Louis Stevenson. Published by the
      Little Leather Library Corp, New York. 96 pages. 3” by 4”.

      Essays by Ralph Waldo Emerson. Published by the Little Leather Library
      Corp, New York. 96 pages. 3” by 4”.

      The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyl and Mr. Hyde by R. L. Stevenson. Published
      by the Little Leather Library Corp, New York. 120 pages. 3” by 4”.

      Speeches and Addresses of Abraham Lincoln. Published by the Little
      Leather Library Corp, New York. 96 pages. 3” by 4”.

      The Lays of Ancient Rome by Thomas Babington Macaulay. Published by the
      Little Leather Library Corp, New York. 93 pages. 3” by 4”.

      Speeches and Letters of George Washington. Published by the Little
      Leather Library Corp, New York. 127 pages. 3” by 4”.

      Enoch Arden and Other Poems by Alfred Lord Tennyson. Published by the
      Little Leather Library Corp, New York. 89 pages. 3” by 4”.

      Planning a Trip Abroad by Edward Hungerford. Published for the United
      States Line by Robert M. McBride and Company, New York, NY in 1923. 300
      pages. 4 1/4” by 6 ¼”.

      The Seng Book Annual of 1927. Published by The Seng Company, Chicago,
      IL. 92 pages. 3” by 5 ¼ “.

      Group 2

      Rhymes of a Rolling Stone by Robert W. Service. Published by William
      Briggs in Toronto, Canada in 1916. 193 pages. 3” by 5 ¼”.

      Selected Poems of Lord Byron. Edited by Matthew Arnold. Published by
      Thomas Y. Crowell and Co., New York, NY. Copyrighted in 1983 and 1984.
      279 pages plus biographical sketch and preface. 4 ¼” by 6 ½”.

      The Song of Our Syrian Guest by William Allen Knight. Illustrations and
      Designs by Charles Copeland. Published by the Tudor Press, Boston, MA,
      in 1908. 48 pages. 5 1/8” by 7 ¾”.

      A Child’s Garden of Verses by Robert Louis Stevenson. Published by the
      Little Leather Library Corp, New York. 96 pages. 3” by 4”.

      Sonnets by E.B. Browning. Published by Nimmo, May and Michell of
      Edinburgh, Scotland. 125 pages. 2 ½” by 3 ½”.

      Thoughts from Carlyle. Complied by Alice Jouveau Du Breuil. Published by
      Nimmo, May and Mitchell of Edinburgh, Scotland. 160 pages. 2 ½” by 3 3/8”.

      Grand-Pre/A Sketch of the Acadien Occupation of the Shores of the Basin
      of Minas/A Guide for Tourists by John Frederic Herbin, BA. Published by
      William Briggs in Toronto, Canada in 1898. 127 pages. 5” by 7”.

      Songs of the Prairie by Robert J.C. Stead. Published by William Briggs
      of Toronto, Canada in 1911. 96 pages. 3 ¾” by 5 ¼”

      Love, Nature and other Essays by Ralph Waldo Emerson. Published by Dodge
      Publishing Company, New York, NY. 106 pages. 4 ¼” by 5 ½”.

      The Chimes: A Goblin Story by Charles Dickens. Published by Collins’
      Clear-type Press of London and Glasgow. 3” by 4 1/4”. Pages not numbered.

      Gems from Shakespeare. Published by Collins’ Clear-type Press of London
      and Glasgow. 96 pages. 2 7/8” by 4”.

      A Tennyson Treasury. Published by Nimmo, Hay and Mitchell of Edinburgh,
      Scotland. 124 pages. 2 ½” by 3 ¾”.

      Tennyson’s Idylls of the King. Published by the MacMillan Company, New
      York, NY in 1908. 320 pages. 4 ¼” by 5 ¾”.

      Mark Ryavec, 453 Rialto Avenue, Venice, CA 90291 (310) 392 4843.