Question and I hope you can help

  • THÑeufness
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 4, 2005
      Hi! I was referred to this group by a person on the EBay message boards.

      A friend of mine has a book that is considered miniature but I have
      not been able to find any information on the book at all. There are
      full size versions of the book published in different years but this
      is one I cannot find any information for the publishing year. I hope
      someone here can help!

      Here is the info:

      A Collection of Hymns for the use of the Methodist Episcopal Church
      Principally from the collection of
      The Rev. John Wesley, A.M.
      1846

      What makes this a little different than the other's currently on the
      market is it's size. It is a miniature version of the full size book.
      It measures: 3.25" x 2.25" and is 1" thick. There is also a name
      written in the back in pencil: Charles S. McHenry 19570 There are 623
      pages, just like the full size version.

      Can anyone help me with information about this book? In the front is
      also a commentary about how this is a reprint because the one
      published in 1845 was incomplete and there were complaints about
      errors on the words. There is no music, another book would have
      accompanied this one and would have had all the music in it.

      I have done extensive searches on the Internet with no luck. Can find
      all kinds of information about the full size one published in 1845 and
      the full size one published in 1851 but nothing on this one. Not even
      the Library of Congress has this one on file.

      Anyone? help? It's for a friend and I would really like to be able to
      give her some information on this find. It's in pretty good shape, the
      cover is a bit beat up, but nothing major and some foxing on the pages
      but all quite readable and easy to turn.

      Thanks

      Deannda