New Orleans Conclave

  • Tamela Camp
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 8, 2005
      Dear MBS Members,

      As I look at the calendar today, I see that in 6 weeks many of us will
      begin gathering in New Orleans for the 2005 edition of the Miniature Book
      Society's Grand Conclave. I do hope that many of you are planning to
      attend. Thanks to all of you who have already sent in your registration
      forms or have e-mailed me with your plans to attend. It helps
      tremendously in the planning to know as soon as possible how many are
      attending.

      If you are still undecided, I encourage you to make plans to come. Our
      weekends together are priceless. We have such a good time visiting and
      viewing miniature books as well as seeing the sights of the host city. I
      cannot stress enough what an MBS member misses out on when they do not
      attend the yearly conclave.

      If you are planning to come, but haven't yet sent in an acknowledgement,
      please do so. If you will drop me an e-mail telling me of your intention
      to attend, it would be so helpful. Also, if you are coming, let me know
      in your e-mail if you will need a table for the book fair and if you plan
      to stay for the Monday trip. If I receive a reply in the affirmative via
      e-mail, then I am willing to extend the deadline for the registration
      form and payment, if that will be helpful to you. I will need those items
      no later than July 1st,however; if you need to discuss these or other
      alternate arrangements, please feel free to e-mail me at
      tcminibks@... or call me at 1.601.582.3743. The deadline of June
      21st is a month ahead of the conclave. This is a standard time frame used
      to accurately plan for the meeting. It is also the deadline for booking a
      room at the conclave hotel, The Royal St.
      Charles(800.268.9749/504.587.3700). While I cannot change the hotel
      deadline, I am willing to work with anyone who needs an adjustment of the
      registration deadline. However, I do need to know in advance if you need
      to take advantage of this offer. You can do this by e-mailing or calling
      me. If you have any questions, please contact me as well.

      I hope to see you next month in New Orleans. Won't you join your book
      friends for a time of fun and friendship in the"Big Easy"?

      Best regards to you all,
      Tamela C. (Tammy) Camp
      MBS Grand Conclave 2005 Host