1674 Bloem-hofje at PBA Galleries

  • pbagalleries
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 7, 2005
      On Thursday, June 16th 2005, PBA Galleries will offer at auction an
      exceptional rarity in the field of miniature book collecting: a copy
      of Benedikt Smidt's famous 1674 printing of Bloem-hofje, the
      smallest printed book for about 200 years. Our copy measures 11x9mm
      and is bound in the original gold-clasped calf gilt. This will be
      first copy to be sold at auction since the Walcott-Soliday copy
      (bound in vellum) sold in 1990 at Swann Galleries and the Houghton
      copy sold at Christie's in 1979. Please follow the link below for
      further details and pictures of the book:
      http://www.pbagalleries.com/search/item.php?anr=161504&

      Please let me know if you would like further information on this
      wonderful miniature offered as Lot 96 in Sale 311.

      Best,

      Shannon Kennedy

      PBA Galleries
      Auctioneers & Appraisers