New Orleans Conclave

    Message 1 of 4 , May 23, 2005
      As President of the Miniature Book Society I would like to second Tammy's
      recent invitation to come to the MBS Conclave in New Orleans.

      Conclave weekend is one of the best times of the year for lovers of
      miniature books.

      Not just the chance to see wionderful miniature books but also the chance
      to meet and become friends with wonderful people.

      I hope to see many of you there.

      Neale M. Albert

      Thank You.
    • Tamela Camp
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 8, 2005
        Dear MBS Members,

        As I look at the calendar today, I see that in 6 weeks many of us will
        begin gathering in New Orleans for the 2005 edition of the Miniature Book
        Society's Grand Conclave. I do hope that many of you are planning to
        attend. Thanks to all of you who have already sent in your registration
        forms or have e-mailed me with your plans to attend. It helps
        tremendously in the planning to know as soon as possible how many are
        attending.

        If you are still undecided, I encourage you to make plans to come. Our
        weekends together are priceless. We have such a good time visiting and
        viewing miniature books as well as seeing the sights of the host city. I
        cannot stress enough what an MBS member misses out on when they do not
        attend the yearly conclave.

        If you are planning to come, but haven't yet sent in an acknowledgement,
        please do so. If you will drop me an e-mail telling me of your intention
        to attend, it would be so helpful. Also, if you are coming, let me know
        in your e-mail if you will need a table for the book fair and if you plan
        to stay for the Monday trip. If I receive a reply in the affirmative via
        e-mail, then I am willing to extend the deadline for the registration
        form and payment, if that will be helpful to you. I will need those items
        no later than July 1st,however; if you need to discuss these or other
        alternate arrangements, please feel free to e-mail me at
        tcminibks@... or call me at 1.601.582.3743. The deadline of June
        21st is a month ahead of the conclave. This is a standard time frame used
        to accurately plan for the meeting. It is also the deadline for booking a
        room at the conclave hotel, The Royal St.
        Charles(800.268.9749/504.587.3700). While I cannot change the hotel
        deadline, I am willing to work with anyone who needs an adjustment of the
        registration deadline. However, I do need to know in advance if you need
        to take advantage of this offer. You can do this by e-mailing or calling
        me. If you have any questions, please contact me as well.

        I hope to see you next month in New Orleans. Won't you join your book
        friends for a time of fun and friendship in the"Big Easy"?

        Best regards to you all,
        Tamela C. (Tammy) Camp
        MBS Grand Conclave 2005 Host