Hubert Silvain exhibit

  • pdevenyi@rogers.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 27, 2005
      Thanks to Eileen Cummings for calling attention to this event. Let me expand on it a bit. Hubert Silvain is a MBS member, a significant collector, perhaps not much known in North America, because he lives in Paris. I believe Julian Edison knows more about him and probably plans to write about him in one of the upcoming Miniature Book News sections of the MBS Newsletter.
      The site of the exhibition in Montreal is the new Grande Biblioteque National de Quebec which was formed by the recent merger of Quebec's two national libraries. It actually opens its new building this coming weekend. One of the featured shows of the opening is the Hubert Silvain exhibit. There will be over 500 miniature books shown spanning over 400 years, going back to 1625. It should be quite a show! It remains open until the end of August. Mary, Tom and I will be in Montreal in August and plan to see it.

      Paul Devenyi