(no subject)

  • nalbert@xxxxxxxxx.xxx
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 28, 1999
      Do you remember the very old miniature book once owned by Charles II that i
      mentioned about a month ago? I interested one of my clients, a book collector
      (not miniature books), into bidding for it. The auction was last week. He bid
      $300,000 (!!!) and lost. It wa sold for $315,000, perhaps to King Juan Carlos
      of Spain. Alas, he was going to let me borrow it if he was successful. About
      ten years ago, this same client sent me to London to bid for the Gospels of
      Henry The Lion for him. I bid $8,000,000 and lost, that went to the German
      Government for $12,000,000. But it was very exciting bidding (also painful, the
      afternoon before the auction as i was on the way to the airport i broke a bone
      in my foot).

      Neale M. Albert

      Thank You.