"New Book" sectionof the MBS Newsletter

  • Anna Olswanger
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 21, 2005
      > From: <pdevenyi@...>
      > Subject: "New Book" announcements in MBS Newsletter
      >
      > I would like to call to the attention of miniature book
      publishers that the "New Book" section of the MBS Newsletter is
      not a place for free advertisement. It is an appropriate forum
      for briefly announcing upcoming or finished new books in one or
      two sentences, without detailed descriptions, ordering process or
      price. The Board of MBS made this ruling a few years ago, it was
      observed for a while and then forgotten.

      As a reader (member) of the MBS Newsletter, I want to point out
      that reading announcements of new books without price or ordering
      address is useless to the point of being irritating. If the
      Society needs money, then let it raise the membership dues (with
      patron levels, for example) or sell books itself for a
      commission. If it would ask the members to brainstorm for
      moneymaking ideas, rather than just handing down "rules" from
      above (the Board) that frustrate Newsletter/member readers, it
      might come up with some creative solutions that make everyone
      happy while serving the cause of miniature books.

      Anna Olswanger
      --
      www.olswanger.com
      "Jewish Book Promotion"