"New Book" announcements in MBS Newsletter

  • pdevenyi@rogers.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 17, 2005
      I would like to call to the attention of miniature book publishers that the "New Book" section of the MBS Newsletter is not a place for free advertisement. It is an appropriate forum for briefly announcing upcoming or finished new books in one or two sentences, without detailed descriptions, ordering process or price. The Board of MBS made this ruling a few years ago, it was observed for a while and then forgotten. As the new editor of the Newsletter I intend to reinstitute this principle. I continue to welcome brief announcements about new books of MBS members which I consider important informations. If you want to communicate details and want to sell your books via the Newsletter, please take out a paid advertising space which helps the Society's tight financial situation. I don't believe anyone would find it ethically difficult to distinguish between announcement and free advertisement. Thank you for your understanding.

      Paul Devenyi
      MBS Newsletter editor