Announcing: Chicken Bone Man

  • Anna Olswanger
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 19, 2004
      I have just published Chicken Bone Man, my second miniature book.
      Chicken Bone man features a streetwise dog narrator and his blues
      piano-playing "kid" in the Jewish neighborhood of Memphis of the
      1920s. The text won the second annual F. Scott Fitzgerald Short
      Story Contest, sponsored by the F. Scott Fitzgerald Literary
      Conference.

      This limited edition miniature book version is 48 pages, measures
      2 1/2 x 2 7/8 inches, and is hand bound by Donald Brady of the
      Clearview Press in marbleized paper over boards with imitation
      leather on the spine and a gold-embossed title. The edition of
      495 includes a two-color linocut illustration by the artist Paula
      Goodman Koz.

      You can read an excerpt with background notes at:

      www.olswanger.com/chickenbone.shtml

      You can read an excerpt with background notes of Shlemiel Crooks at:

      www.olswanger.com/crooks.shtml

      Purchasing information for both books is also on the web.

      Thanks for letting me announce Chicken Bone Man to this group.

      Anna Olswanger
      --
      www.olswanger.com
      "Jewish Book Promotion"