Virus

  • Ferial Rogers
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 25, 2004
      I have got the same problem, Angelika. I keep getting messages that my email could not be delivered because it contained a fatal error! (eek!!). My server has also emailed several times to inform me that my address has been used to send out thousands of illegal emails. I also have some (phatom) emails "returned" to me from addresses that I supposidly sent to, but who I never heard of!
      I have asked my computer guru about this and he has told me not to worry. He tells me that my anti-virus is protecting my (this) email address.
      He says that someone else is infected with the virus who has my email in their address book. The virus gets access to this and uses all the addresses on that list to send out thousands (millions for all I know) emails all over the world..
      This notwithstanding, perhaps I should do the same as you, Angelika and suggest that people are wary about opening any mail with my name on it.

      I think that this may be the virus which is responsible for most of the problem.
      'W32.Mydoom.M@mm' (ID 34256)
      DELETE IT AT SPEED!!!

      In friendship to you all
      Ferial