conclave 2004

  • dellhouse2004
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 25, 2004
      My name is Annie Parker, the step daughter of the late James L
      Weygand, Press of the Indiana Kid. I was hoping to get down to the
      Conclave in Bristol, but that will not now be possible as my mother,
      who has returned to England to live, is going to have a hip operation
      2 days before and will need us here to look after her. I am just
      writing to say I hope it is a success. I greatly admire the work of
      miniature books, and am pleased to own a collection of nearly all of
      James's miniatures. I am especially proud of the books he wrote that
      had reference to me...Annies Pots and Tom Blakes Tuesday. I have the
      blocks from Annies Pots and some of the proof printed sheets which I
      hope to have mounted one day, when I can work out what to do with
      them. I feel privileged to have known him.
      He was a very quiet gentle man, who worked in an unassuming way in
      Nappanee, largely unrecognised by the community around him for his talent.
      Again, I hope the weekend is a success
      Yours
      Annie Parker