Bath etc.

  • Paul Devenyi
    Message 1 of 2 , May 11, 2004
      Hello Friends!

      One good feature of this group website is the archives. You can go back to 1999 and read every E mail that was sent to this group. In those days we were a lot more active and interesting than we are today. As many of you will recall, just before the Koblenz conclave the "great rump debate" erupted (ie. about the parallel California miniaturebook meeting) which was heated, but quite entertaining. Those of you who don't remember or were not around, can go back in the archives and check out june-july 1999, it is fun!

      Shortly before Koblenz, there was some uncertainty how many people would come, especially from North America. This again is a question. At that time we started an E mail headcount, to get an idea who will be there. Of course, some members didn't have E mail, probably a lot more do now. So lets start another headcount: check in here, if you plan to come.

      On our part, Mary, Tom and I are already booked our flight and wouldn't want to miss this conclave! Knowing the Garbetts, seeing the preliminary program and hearing a lot about the beauty of Bath, it should be a memorable conclave!

      So lets start counting attendance:

      Devenyi = 3.

      Paul, Mary.

    • J&J Sobota
      Message 2 of 2 , May 12, 2004
        Paul,

        I agree,

        Bath is so wonderful!

        Conclave will be great.

        Lets add us, members from The Czech Republic = 3

        Jarmila Sobota, Jana Pribikova, Lada Hodny

        P.S.
        We should even overcome the expenses, caused by poor Czech Corona: Example:
        just the Hilton hotel in Bath (3 nights for one person) = 1 month of average
        salary for one person in our country.

        Jan & Jarmila Sobota
        Sklenarska 5
        357 33 Loket

[...]