Re: [miniaturebooks] Digest Number 492

  • Barbara Williamson
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 21, 2004
      Hi!
      I think you have misunderstood the Call for Entries. Let me see if I can explain. The intent of the miniature book competition is to encourage NEW miniature books to be published. It is not that the book must have been in print for 2 or 3 years but that the publisher made it NEW in recent years. The competition's main mission is to keeping artisans making NEW miniature books.

      There are many kind of bookbinding techniques that are used in entries - no one is mandated. As to reproducing existing books, we expect standard copyright laws to be observed. Not sure where you are going with that but so happy to dialog with you until we arrive at an understanding.

      The main thing is that your book be 3 inches or less in any dimension and be more than just one. We want lots of collectors to have an opportunity to purchase your wonderful work.

      I am the Chair of this years Competition and heartily encourage your efforts and hope to see your book entered. You are exactly the kind of new book maker we aim to encourage.

      Please let me know if I can help you in any way.

      Barbara Williamson