Help needed.... I'm looking for a printer.

  • rhapsody22222
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 10, 2004
      I am a publisher of standard books, and am looking into publishing
      our first minature edition....

      The book in question is currently 1,029 pages... I have seen
      miniature editions of the Bible, and also dictionaries, close to this
      length.

      My question is: does anyone have a list of printers who specialize in
      miniature books? Our first run would probably be 3,000 copies or so.

      Also: I need to be educated here... what is the typical font size for
      a miniature book, and what is the name of the REALLY THIN paper
      that's used in the longer ones?

      Thanks for your help!
    • Patrice Baldwin
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 11, 2004
        Hi y'all:

        It's a cold but sunny day here. My silk long-johns have been useful.
        Baoding is a pretty big city... busy with walkers, bike riders,
        pedicabs and wild drivers. The campus of Hebei University is very
        large and there is a new campus across town as well. Students have
        started classes this week, but mine won't begin until next Monday.

        I'm going with a friend to Anchin this weekend to teach English to
        high schoolers. Should be fun. I've had some wonderful food. Not sure
        what some of it is, but it tasted good, so I didn't ask. I've
        probably eaten some of the strangest vegetables, but it's better to
        ask AFTER eating.

        Teachers here are treated very politely and offered all kinds of
        help. One just has to know how to ask for it!

        This is the first time bookbinding has been offered at this
        University, and the head of the art department has no idea what some
        of the tools and materials are. I had to show him my bone folder and
        tell him what it was for. I also had to draw a picture of a sewing
        stand and a nipping press so he could have some made. I've yet to see
        what they came out looking like!

        I'll keep you posted when my book classes begin next week.

        Cheers,

        Patrice