Announcing: Shlemiel Crooks

  • Anna Olswanger
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 13, 2004
      I have just published my first miniature book, Shlemiel Crooks,
      my humorous (okay, you'll be the judge) ghost story with a horse,
      set in St. Louis in the days when it was considered part of the
      Wild West. Shlemiel Crooks is based on a 1919 St. Louis Yiddish
      newspaper article about my great-grandfather, and originally
      appeared in Young Judaean, where it won the Society of Children's
      Book Writers & Illustrators' Magazine Merit Award in 1998.

      In 1999, another publisher produced the text as a miniature book,
      but that edition is out of print. I've since revised and
      corrected the text, and you can read an excerpt with background
      notes at:

      http://www.olswanger.com/crooks.shtml

      Purchasing information is also on the web, although I would like
      to advise interested buyers that if you have a Judaica-themed
      miniature book for trade, I would be happy to consider this.

      Thanks for letting me announce Shlemiel Crooks to this group.

      Anna Olswanger
      --
      www.olswanger.com
      "Promoting Books of Jewish Interest"