RE: [miniaturebooks] Digest Number 472

  • Jessica Sawyer
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 1, 2004
      Paul,
      I wonder if these people get the miniature book messages as well as we
      are getting their messages.
      Perhaps someone will come to see there is a bit more to life than just
      the physical.
      Perhaps someone who has yet to be exposed to an intellectual pursuit
      will expand their horizons.

      Probably not, but if one person is reached and encouraged it might be
      worthwhile.
      Anyway if we all resign - it means they have won.
      How sad that would be.

      I have enjoyed reading about peoples efforts to teach young people about
      the joys of collecting books, miniature and otherwise. Beatrix Potter
      insisted that her books be published in a size to fit small hands. It
      is good to see so many of you have not forgotten what it is to be a
      child.

      Along those lines to all you who are young at heart - Happy New Year.
      Jessica in Maryland
    • jtimm@aol.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 1, 2004
        Unsubscribing en masse would have no effect at all on the unwanted mail, but
        would have a big effect on our ability to instant communicate across the miles.

        The easiest solution is to just hit delete.

        Another option is to only allow registered list members to post. The List
        could also have a gatekeeper approving who registers for the list.

        Just think it's a brand new year!

        Cheers, Jill

        In a message dated 1/1/04 7:28:12 AM, miniaturebooks@yahoogroups.com writes:

        >If there is no way to block the kind of filthy messages this website was
        >getting, I suggest that all miniaturebook people should unsubscribe en
        >masse.

        Jill Timm
        Mystical Places Press
        Handcrafted artist books,