Japanese Miniature Books

    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 17, 2003
      I just purchased the most wonderful collection of ten miniature books, each
      illustrating a style of Japanese binding.

      They were made by Midori Kunikata Cockram, a Japanese binder living in London.
      She is married to Mark Cockram, also a wonderful binder.

      Both Midori and Mark have designer bound miniature boks for me.

      Each of the ten books contains Japanese text, hand witten by
      Midori.

      The books are housed in an ingenious folding box.

      Julian Edison is curating an exhibition of miniature books to be held at the
      Grolier Club in 2007 ? I will try to get these Japanese books into that
      exhibition.

      I will be exhibiting my collection of designer bound miniature books at the
      Grolier Club in 2006. There will be an exhibition of works by the Guild of
      Book
      Workers there at the same time. Together these exhibitions will be of great
      interest to book builders.

      Neale M. Albert

      Thank You.
    • Angelika Jaeck
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 17, 2003
        Neale,

        could you take a photo of these books and put it on the files on
        the yahoo site of our group? I am sure many of us would like to
        see them.

        I have an exhibition of japanese miniature books running at the
        miniature books store "minilibris" here in Berlin. Sadly, they
        are not my own books. I will put up some photos on our website
        soon.

        Angelika