Conclave

  • minibookman
    Message 1 of 17 , Oct 16, 2003
      Unlike most of you I haven't got home from Conclave yet - I'm
      visiting friends in Alberta - but I just have to say how much I
      thoroughly enjoyed the Conclave, so well organised, so nice to meet
      old friends and make new ones.
      The fact that I sold a few books was far less important to me than
      the friendship I encountered.
      Thanks to every one who put so much into making the Conclave such a
      success.
      Stephen Byrne
    • motherg2001
      Message 2 of 17 , Apr 14, 2004
        Neale...It DOES seem like the Conclave-to-be at Bath is shaping up to
        be outstanding. We're looking forward to it. Which also reminds me
        about your project of Miniature Broadsides. Though we've not yet
        printed ours, I do have a design in mind. Has there been feedback
        from
        others who are participating? Phil Morrison--Shoestring Press.
      • Kimberly Byerly
        Message 3 of 17 , Apr 14, 2004
          We would love to hear more about your broadside project...

          Kind regards,
          Kim & Scott Byerly
          Neale...It DOES seem like the Conclave-to-be at Bath is shaping up to
          be outstanding. We're looking forward to it. Which also reminds me
          about your project of Miniature Broadsides. Though we've not yet
          printed ours, I do have a design in mind. Has there been feedback
          from
          others who are participating? Phil Morrison--Shoestring Press.

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        • AJ
          Message 4 of 17 , Sep 3, 2012
            Dear miniature book friends!

            I hope all Conclave attendees got home save and sound. It was a
            pleaseure seeing you all again.
            The Conclave was tremendous, many thanks to Karen Nyman for her
            fantastic job on organizing the event.

            I promised serveral people to send them links, info etc. If you
            have't heard from me yet, please remind me. My memory isn't as good
            as it used to be!

            For those I told about the wonderful TED talk I watched on my flight
            from Amsterdam to Detroit, here is the link.

            Graphic designer Chip Kidd talks about the art of designing book covers.
            http://www.ted.com/talks/lang/en/chip_kidd_designing_books_is_no_laughing_matter_ok_it_is.html

            Best wishes from Germany,
            Angelika