"Works of William Shakespeare" - 40 miniature volumes

  • lowe123_1999
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 14, 2003
      Dear Sirs,
      Dear Group members,
      I hope you will not mind me using your group to advertise a private sale.If=

      this breaks your group's etiquette please disregard and I apologise.

      I am planning to either sell or auction this set of 40 miniature volumes,
      each about 2 x1.5 ins and with black covers / bindings, contained in a
      varnished 3 shelved bookcase, that appears to have been published by
      Allied Newspapers (UK) in the 1930s for a promotion by one of its papers,
      the Daily Herald. The 40 volumes contains all of Shakespeare's works
      including plays, sonnets and poems and a biography and glossary.
      I was given the set about 30 years ago as a gift but it has remained unused=

      since then. I am not a collector nor a dealer
      I have no clear idea of the value of this item although I am aware that
      individual volumes are being bought for about £5 sterling (8 to 9 dollars
      each).
      Please contact me if you may be interested in purchasing this item.
      Further information on it would also be much appreciated
      Regards,
      David Lowe
      25 Cleveland Road,
      Marsh,