Miniature Books Greece

  • Polychronidis
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 30, 2003
      Following Neil's request about miniature books published in Greece, we send you a small list of books from our collection :
      A. Commercial presses :
      1. TO LEXIKAKI TIS ZOIS - Danias publishers1995, 65X50mm, in greek, red (and also blue) cloth, HB - a gathering of sayings and aphorisms
      2. ENA PARAMITHAKI GEMATO HAMOGELO by Vasia
      Danias (13 years old girl), Danias 1995, 70 X 50 mm, soft cover, orange color - hand calligraphy and water colored children story
      3. ENA PARAMITHAKI GEMATO AGAPI, by Vasia Danias, as above, but red color

      There are also some commercial printings under license of
      Smallworld Publishing A/S - 58 x 48 mm, very similar to ARIEL BOOKS.

      B. Private press books (see attached photo) :
      1. ISTORIA MIAS LEMONIAS by Sophia Vlachou, Gegorios Press, Athens 2002, 20 numbered copies, in greek, 70 x 50 mm, HB glossy cover
      2. KOLOKOTRONIS PROS NEOUS, speech of Kolokotronis to Youngsters, Gregorios Press, Athens 2002, in greek, 68 X 50 mm, 5 numbered copies, leather bound black with gold patina
      3. THE STORY OF A LEMON TREE, by Sophia Vlachou, in english, Gregorios Press 2002, 20 numbered copies, 48 X 34 mm, HB glossy cover - a post civil war story
      4. TA TRAGOUDIA TIS PAREAS, Microbion Press 1998,
      52 X 40 mm, 20 copies, leather binding in various colors - a collection of greek lyrics
      5. GREGORIOS A MADAMA ELENA DI CALIFORNIA,
      Gregorios Press 2000, a letter from Greg Polychronidis to Eileen Cummings, in greek and english, 60 X 45 mm, red calf binding, gilt title, 2 (only) copies signed by the author and publisher
      6. TATAL NOSTRU, Gregorios Press 2002, Our Father in romanian language, various sizes under 1 inch, leather bound, 10 numbered and signed copies

      For the last six titles, I attached a picture, although I am not sure our e-mail group allows attachements.
      Best regards to all our friends.
      Greg Polychronidis