Glen is 87

  • POLICHRONIDIS
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 6, 1999
      Dear Glen,
      I am very proud to be the first recipient (within the MBSlist) of message
      from a personality like you, to whom the miniature books world ows so much.

      I wish you HAPPY BIRTHDAY from my hart and may you have the strength
      to help us younger people to continue this elegant and refined exercise of
      mind
      which is miniature books production and collecting.
      I take the liberty to mail this message to all our members (and not to your
      address only), since I believe that all our MBS fellows should know that
      GLEN DAWSON IS 87. CONGRATULATIONS from all of us.

      I would also like to thank you for your generous offer to send me the greek
      leaflet
      printed by William Cheney. I will gladly accept it. By my turn, I will send
      to you and
      Mary Helen a greek children book written by a 13-years old girl, as a
      sample of
      the first attempts of the greek publishers in this field. You will notice
      that technically
      it is far from the quality of the books printed by your private presses (we
      don't
      have private presses in Greece), but still a good start. It will give an
      'exotic fragrance'
      to Mary Helen's collection.

      Regarding William Cheney's Fleecestreet's Greek in a Nutshell, I feel lucky
      posses it (thanks to Jon Mayo). It is one of my favourites books. I must
      obtain
      also its LATIN brother (perhaps Jon still has it available).

      My regards to Mary Hellen.

      Grigoris Polychronidis
      50, Megalou Alexandrou str
      171 22 Nea Smyrni