Re: [miniaturebooks] Digest Number 424

  • pianoprint@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 29, 2003
      Ed, Got your memo and thought I would this along: In my personal experience,
      Gremlin Hides are not suitable for covering miniature books: Though they
      appear to be both sturdy and supple, they are, in fact, neither. Just attempt to
      pare one and you will see what I mean. They resist the sharpest knife edge and
      develop tears and holes even in areas not yet shaved. I tried once to laminate
      several hides, (I seem to have an abundance of the varmints around) gluing
      them in different directions and this did seem to work. But only for the nonce.
      In the morning my covers were separated and sprung like a new perm in a
      rainstorm. So, if you'll take my suggestion, once you locate those Gremlins, best you
      settle on nailing their hides to the barn door and let it go at that. Phil
      Morrison.