Re: [miniaturebooks] Fw: is this a "book"

  • mel
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 10, 2003
      Is a curved assemblage that incorporates a few words a book or an
      assemblage? It might be a scroll but in my opinion it is not a book.
      Yet, the content of a scroll is a linear sequence structured to be "read" in
      a single direction. Here intended direction is ambiguous. So, its a roll not
      a scroll. I vote for it being pigeonholed as a rolled assemblage.
      A book is a container. This isn't. No distinct cover. No discrete "pages."
      Perhaps we are about to see any creative construction of similar scale
      marketed as "artists books!"

      When M. Vänçi Stirnemann originated Artist Trading Cards, regarding
      thickness, he indicated that they should look like "cards."

      As they might say in Texas, "Its a rolly-polly paper thang!"

      Mel