Conclave XXI

  • Paul Devenyi
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 10, 2003
      Jon Mayo, MBS vice-president and webmaster, kindly has put the updated Conclave program plans and other informations on the MBS website. (www.mbs.org) This will give you a preview before the July Newsletter arrives or if you are not a member, it gives you the necessary information. The question was raised if non-members can register as guests? While MBS does not have strict policy on this, traditionally in the past, guest registrations have been accepted from family members of MBS members. I suggest, if you want to register at the Conclave, take out a membership in the Society.(see website) Guest reservations are accepted for the Sunday night banquet, even for those not fully registered for the conclave. Tables for the Book Fair can be rented only by MBS members registered for the conclave.

      Paul Devenyi

    • Paul Devenyi
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 2, 2003
        Thanks to all of you who responded to my message a few days ago and expressed support for Conclave XXI and indicated your intention to attend. For those fainthearted - who were not comforted by personal reassurances - please take notice that as of today the World Health Organization OFFICIALLY declared that the SARS outbreak in Toronto is over. I suspect that your media are not as eager to report this news as they were when SARS cases occurred.

        I have a delightful surprise announcement to make. Today I received registration from Glen Dawson and his daughter Susan! It is wonderful that after the loss of his beloved wife Mary Helen, Glen is ready to return to the MBS and conclave circuit. Most of you know, of course, that Glen Dawson is an extraordinary bookseller, collector, publisher and scholar of miniature books. And a delightful person as well! Glen's presence will make Conclave XXI special indeed!

        Paul Devenyi