RE: [miniaturebooks] Award?

  • Donn Sanford
    Message 1 of 3 , May 9, 2003
      Mike,

      The Norman Forgue Award is presented annually to a member of the Miniature
      Book Society for "outstanding contribution to the world of miniature books."
      It differs slightly from another similar award that is given to recognize
      contributions to the organization itself. It is a very prestigious award,
      and has been given sparingly to those who have done most to advance the
      understanding and collection of miniature books.

      Although I have all his miniature books -- and many of his "regular"
      books -- I never met Norm. But, I know many people who did know him, and
      they all hold him in the highest esteem.

      Hard to believe he has a great grandson ... Stephanie is just too young!

      Donn Sanford

      Message 2 of 3 , May 9, 2003
        Mike,

        Let me introduce myself.
        I'm the webmaster for the MBS website and the vice president of the Society.

        I have a short article about your great grandfather which you would
        probably enjoy reading, but I only have it in hard copy. If you will
        send me your address, I'll mail you the information. Norman was a
        very talented printer and publisher who published both full-size as well
        as miniature books.

        Jon Mayo