Award?

  • lexisbink
    Message 1 of 3 , May 8 10:39 PM
      I was wondering if anybody could tell me what the Norman Forgue
      Award is? He was my great grandfather and i don't know much about
      him. thank you very much. Mike Forgue
    • Donn Sanford
      Message 2 of 3 , May 9 7:47 AM
        Mike,

        The Norman Forgue Award is presented annually to a member of the Miniature
        Book Society for "outstanding contribution to the world of miniature books."
        It differs slightly from another similar award that is given to recognize
        contributions to the organization itself. It is a very prestigious award,
        and has been given sparingly to those who have done most to advance the
        understanding and collection of miniature books.

        Although I have all his miniature books -- and many of his "regular"
        books -- I never met Norm. But, I know many people who did know him, and
        they all hold him in the highest esteem.

        Hard to believe he has a great grandson ... Stephanie is just too young!

        Donn Sanford

        Message 3 of 3 , May 9 5:13 PM
          Mike,

          Let me introduce myself.
          I'm the webmaster for the MBS website and the vice president of the Society.

          I have a short article about your great grandfather which you would
          probably enjoy reading, but I only have it in hard copy. If you will
          send me your address, I'll mail you the information. Norman was a
          very talented printer and publisher who published both full-size as well
          as miniature books.

          Jon Mayo